Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estriol and sore/sensitive nipple  (Read 1415 times)

Postmeno3

Estriol and sore/sensitive nipple
« on: January 02, 2021, 01:23:38 PM »

Hi,
I'm interested to know of experiences of using Estriol cream for the first time. I was prescribed it to help with VA. As I have an Estring and the internal tissue seems not too bad, on seeing how much was in the applicator (which I don't think would have lasted from the one tube I was prescribed), I decided to drop down to just external use after two full loads with the applicator. I just apply a pea-size amount to the vulval area with a finger. I wasn't told how much to use externally. However, I've developed a sore, sensitive left nipple and its surrounds and it's only day five of treatment, two of the applicator load and the dab on the finger since. I'm 68, post-menopausal, completely up-to-date with mammograms that have always been completely clear and nothing sinister at all in my family. It may be coincidental as I can have these symptoms from too tight a bra or other forms of surface stimulation, exacerbated by M.E. However, I'd love to know if this initial response to Estriol is normal and to be expected, but that things will settle down?
Many thanks!
😀

Taz2

Re: Estriol and sore/sensitive nipple
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 01:36:38 PM »

I've had sore nipples in the past from full HRT but it has always been both nipples not just one.

Taz x  :-\

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 01:58:32 PM »

My feeling is that it's coincidence. There is normally no systemic absorption with local oestrogen, although some users think there might be when they first start it. As you already have the Estring, a couple of internal doses of estriol cream won't make much difference. I think you may as well keep the cream for the outside, and concentrate on getting that area better. I use about 1 cm externally.

Like Sheila, I've only ever had sore nipples with systemic HRT, sometimes one side worse than the other.

All the best for the New Year!

Joaniepat  x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 04:25:16 PM »

I used estriol cream internally and am on HRT. I haven't experienced any breast or nipple soreness.