Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I want to get off all pharmaceuticals  (Read 2525 times)

Dandelion

Re: I want to get off all pharmaceuticals
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 12:17:38 PM »

Hi Dandelion, hope you had a decent Christmas and I wish you a better 2021. This is the only article I could find about this subject, it's rather old (1995) though. They're conclusion is that micronised progesterone didn't make much difference on benzodiazepine's withdrawal severity and taper outcome.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02246214
Thank you Uptick.
It's bank holiday here for me personally, I am not ready to come back after Christmas break yet.
I live in England so the English are back at work.
Thank you for the article, much appreciated.

Alua197

Re: I want to get off all pharmaceuticals
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 09:05:33 PM »

Menopause is like a drug withdrawal to the brain only the drug is estrogen, as confirmed to me by an ed doctor with 40 years experience. Hormones do need to be tapered off in my opinion, like all drugs as the brain is used to them and when you pull it away you go into withdrawal. Could you change to a pill form of synthetic p and reduce the pill by cutting? Thats how i reduced as i was on the synthetic provera. I guess even the synthetics work on same gaba receotors. Be super slow with your benzo withdrawal, benzo buddies has a lot of good tapering protocols. Often medical professionals even pdocs are not aware of such things as the ashton manual. Best of luck in your quest to remove yourself from pharma, it is tough but can be done.

Dandelion

Thank you, more questions please
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 11:25:37 PM »

Menopause is like a drug withdrawal to the brain only the drug is estrogen, as confirmed to me by an ed doctor with 40 years experience. Hormones do need to be tapered off in my opinion, like all drugs as the brain is used to them and when you pull it away you go into withdrawal. Could you change to a pill form of synthetic p and reduce the pill by cutting? Thats how i reduced as i was on the synthetic provera. I guess even the synthetics work on same gaba receotors. Be super slow with your benzo withdrawal, benzo buddies has a lot of good tapering protocols. Often medical professionals even pdocs are not aware of such things as the ashton manual. Best of luck in your quest to remove yourself from pharma, it is tough but can be done.
Thank you for your reply.
I take capsules, and cannot taper them, utrogestan.
What if I were to just stop, is it dangrou\
As I am on valium and both metabolites of utrogestan (allopregnanolone) and all progesterone and valium that I am addicted to, are cross tolerant, and act on the same receptors, a synthetic progesterone wold differ and it would be like adding to, or reducing my valium dose which would be disastrous, as I would need an exact equivalent of the utrogestan I am on.
Pages: 1 [2]