Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: My whole body is hurting really bad. I don't thin it is my bones. I can't take i  (Read 1385 times)

loonarider

I won't be having an appointment anytime soon at the docs.

I am hoping to god that someone here is experiencing that I'm experiencing. I'ts a chronic type pain - my whole body hurts. It doesn't feel like my bones, more musculoskkeletal. My shoulder joints hurt and the insde of my elbows in the nook, as though I've just had blood taken. Nerve pain as well shooting up and down my legs, shooting deep sharp pains that come and go randomly in the centre of my back.

I can't sleep on m sides because it causes me no to breathe properly, so I just sleep on my back, and so now my back hurts. I sleep sitting up. I cry a day everyday wondering if I'lll ever feel norma again.

I have had chest x rays and they came back normal. I am waiting on resutls from a blood test I had recently and once I have enough funds will be sorting help from a private menopause clinic.

In the meantime, I need to not feel alone. The health anxiety that comes with this is off the charts as I've had panic attacsk for the past few days all day.

Could someone also clarify with me whether flushes can be hot, yet your sin feel cold and without perspiration?

Thank you I really appreciate any help x

sheila99

Perhaps you could see a physio? We can self refer, not sure if this is the same for everyone. This type of pain can be a meno symptom but yours seems quite bad so perhaps there's something else going on. I had pain in my hips. I assumed it was worn out joints but when I went on hrt the pain went away. We're at an age where poor posture, looking down at a screen etc cause problems we wouldn't have had when we were younger. Perhaps the sharp pain is a trapped nerve. I have to sleep on my back too because my shoulders hurt if I sleep on my side. You need a good supportive mattress. Are you on HRT?
Flushes - yes I think they can be as you describe. It's the thermo regulatory system thinking you're too hot when you aren't. I didn't sweat but mine were a bit unusual as they were an overreaction to an external heat source (hot drink etc).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 10:43:28 PM by sheila99 »

Uptick

Hi loonarider, sorry you're still suffering with so many issues. I think it's probably perimenopause plus post-viral syndrome which can trigger symptoms that overlap with fibromyalgia. I have been diagnosed with all these ailments and unfortunately none of the prescribed drugs have sorted them. I think muscular tension and anxiety can cause a lot of weird pains. I had some relief from relaxation and mindfulness exercises. There are many apps available. Hope you feel better soon.

Hurdity

Hi loonarider

Sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you tell us where you are in menopause re periods etc and whether you take HRT?

Hurdity x