Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Transdermal patches and migraine  (Read 972 times)

PollittFCII

Transdermal patches and migraine
« on: December 31, 2020, 02:04:09 PM »

Hi, hope you can help me. I will be speaking to my GP next week about going on HRT. I suffer very badly with migraine. I was wondering if anyone who has migraine and is on the transdermal patches that could recommend any particular brand that I could try? Thanks

Limpy

Re: Transdermal patches and migraine
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 02:17:26 PM »

Hi, I get migraines, with this in mind my GP gave me Evorel conti patches. I was definitely post menopausal when this happened.

PollittFCII

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 02:30:11 PM »

Hi strongkat, thanks for replying, did they make your migraines worse?

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 06:24:07 PM »

Not really. I did and still do get migraines but they are getting more manageable with time.
The main thing the GP wanted to keep check on was my BP, well that and my weight. As long as both of those are ok then there is no problem getting repeat prescriptions for the patches.

Flaky47

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 03:13:40 PM »

Here are some guidelines from the British Menopause Society which I found really useful and passed on to my doctor. In the middle of the page there's a link to a pdf you can download for doctors and also the pink box contains a link to information for patients:

https://thebms.org.uk/publications/tools-for-clinicians/migraine-and-hrt/

I'm on an oestrogen patch (estradot) and oral utrogestan 100 daily which suits me and migraines are very minimal. Good luck!

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 04:23:06 PM »

I went on HRT because of hormonal headaches that got worse in peri at age 56. I started on evorel sequi and the headaches didn't improve dramatically. They did get less frequent though. As I am now probably post menopause I changed to evorel conti in February and it has been really great. I still get headaches now and then but nowhere near the frequency and intensity as before.

Lalb1

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 09:25:48 AM »

Sorry to jump on this post, but I'm after any helpful advice about this too. I was on HRT tablet form but had to come off due to migraines and high BP from the meds.
Been a few months now and my bodies a mess, I need some type of HRT and am thinking trandermal. I'm still in perimenopause and still having periods on and off. They are a lot closer together this last couple of months and lighter. Does anyone recommend anything please?
Thankyou.