Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Chest Pain  (Read 1399 times)

April42

• First Flush
Chest Pain
« on: December 30, 2020, 05:23:24 AM »

Hello to all you lovely ladies.....I’m just reaching out to see if anyone has experienced the same symptoms as myself.  I am 53 and in menopause since 40 and had been on HRT for 8 years. I have weened myself off HRT this past year(what a year to choose😆) following a significant increase in breast calcification.  My day time hot flushes and night sweats have been getting progressively worse but my major concern is the chest pain....I awake with quite a jolt, then experience this huge bang in the centre of my chest which radiates out to my arms, then down to my elbows.  This is then followed by a hot flush and sweat radiating all over.  My GP has never come across this but doesn’t have any concerns about my heart thankfully. My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere and I’ve missed it. ❤️

Taz2

Re: Chest Pain
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 08:44:46 AM »

Hi April42. I'm glad that the doctor has ruled out any problem with your heart. Does this feeling happen with daytime flushes/sweats too? Surges of adrenaline can cause this type of feeling just before a hot flush but I'm not sure about the pain side of it.

You will get lots of support and advice on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 10:01:17 AM »

:welcomemm:  sounds like a hot flush or adrenaline surge or a panic attack.

Does it happen in the day?

April42

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 08:53:20 PM »

Hi lovelies...thank you for your welcome and thoughts.  This only happens at night, definitely not anxiety but at the suggestion of adrenaline I have read about this some more and it was really helpful to learn about why we have hot flushes...I didn’t know about this before.  I did wonder if lying down causes the problem and I’m going to give sleeping upright a go...that and losing weight and exercising more 😆