Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Thinking of changing to gel and utrogestan- advice and thoughts please  (Read 1053 times)

pepperminty

Hi Ladies,

Merry Christmas to you all. I am considering changing frm Femosten 1/10 to Utro and gel ( or a patch) . I feel that the femosten is not working well for me any more. I have tried upping to 2/10 a while ago , but it prevented me sleeping and made me feel awful. I am near mid fifties and am also thinking of a no bleed regime. Should I take the plunge? Also why can't you eat when you take Utro?

Many thanks

Pepperminty.X

befuddled

Re: Thinking of changing to gel and utrogestan- advice and thoughts please
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 07:26:14 PM »

Hi pepperminty

I asked my gp about utro and food, he said that eating increases absorption, but not by a predictable amount.  It depends on when you eat, and also how much and what food type. And that it may be disruptive if you don't give your body the same dose every day.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 09:26:21 PM »

If you use utro vaginally it makes no difference when you eat. Gel is a bit more of a faff but has the advantage of being able to tweak the dose easily. Not much picking between gel and patches imo. Although conti will probably be fine you may not be meno yet. Using a sequi regime when you start something new can be useful as you can tell if you're any different on the progesterone phase.

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »

Thank you Befuddled,

so I will have to eat earlier if I decide to change. Changing is the scary thing.

PMX

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 05:40:27 PM »

Hi Sheila99,

Yes I did think about patches as I use body lotion and I know this can effect how it absorbs. The only thing that puts me off the Vag route is will it upset my very delicate lady garden!  ;) ;). You could not make up what us ladies have to go through. We take it all for granted earlier- I never knew anything about VA, HRT etc 10 years ago. I think I will do sequi first and see how I go.

PMX

pepperminty

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 05:43:06 PM »

Thanks Avalon,

I hope that if and when I take the plunge I sail through :-\.  It took me 3 months to get level and stable with my present HRT.

PMX

befuddled

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 07:38:46 PM »

No food for 2 hours either side of the utrogestan, he said.   That caused me a bit of a problem with digestive issues, so i changed to vaginal use, with no problems so far.  Maybe worth you trying it that way for a cycle, particularly if you're going with the sequi regime, as it's only for 12 days, and you can always swap to oral for the next cycle.

"Should I take the plunge?" -  well, you'll never know if you don't try!