Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 8366 times)

NickyLD

Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2022, 08:46:38 AM »

I had Covid three weeks ago and have heard my heart beating in my left ear ever since. At first it was enough to keep me awake at night, but I’ve weirdly got used to it. Practice nurse gave me a spray but it’s made no difference which makes me think this could be a lovely additional meno symptom…. Seriously when does it end? You have my sympathy

Louise2010

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2022, 09:43:17 AM »

Hi Nas
Yes I noticed tinnitus as another symptom of the gift that keeps on giving - aka menopause when I first started this journey. It’s returned with a vengeance recently as I don’t think my oestrogel is cutting it. It definitely lessened when I started HRT so I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2022, 06:37:24 PM »

Sometimes my ears won't stop buzzing  >:(

Dierdre

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2022, 11:10:21 PM »

I had Covid three weeks ago and have heard my heart beating in my left ear ever since. At first it was enough to keep me awake at night, but I’ve weirdly got used to it. Practice nurse gave me a spray but it’s made no difference which makes me think this could be a lovely additional meno symptom…. Seriously when does it end? You have my sympathy
I had tinintis in one ear aftèr covid, the doctor said covid was the cause, its not too bad now.

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2022, 09:55:14 AM »

It's there.  Constantly.  Slightly behind and to the left of the back of my skull.  'white noise' doesn't help!

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2022, 08:44:25 AM »

Seems to be a common problem with ageing  >:(

Last night I was unable to sleep because my L ear was loudly doing it's own thing  :-\

Ayesha

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2022, 09:14:34 AM »

I developed Tinnitus after Covid, only slight but I know it will get louder now that it's there!

Dierdre

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2022, 09:58:23 AM »

Mine was quite loud for a few weeks but it wasn't permanent. I've still got it slightly but don't notice it now. Hopefully yours will improve in time. Not all tinitus is permanent, i think it depends on what caused it.

Cazikins

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2022, 12:43:42 PM »

I had a lot of ear infections as a child. When I started going through the menopause I noticed the onset of Tinnitus. My GP checked my ears for infection & noticed I had an upper attic retraction :o & a perforated ear drum. So I was sent to the ENT dept at the hospital.

After a scan they noticed something called a Cholesteatoma:

" A cholesteatoma is an abnormal collection of skin cells deep inside your ear. They're rare but, if left untreated, they can damage the delicate structures ..."

I had to have an op to remove it & have a scar behind my ear.

So ladies be aware, as Tinnitus maybe masking other more serious ear conditions.

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2022, 12:49:39 PM »

:o.   :thankyou:

Sazzle42115

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2022, 05:25:20 AM »

Some ADs can cause it too

VanillaLover

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2022, 09:38:51 AM »

Yes for me tinnitus is definitely peri menopause related. It comes and goes but has definitely got better (less frequent) since I started HRT.

Katejo

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2022, 04:25:53 PM »

I have had tinnitus for the past 5 weeks. I had had it occasionally before but only for short periods associated with an ear infection. It has never carried on for this long. It isn't Covid related because I only had that very mildly last December.
This is the first time that I have lost hearing with tinnitus and it hasn't come back. I was referred to ENT at the local hospital nearly 2 weeks ago. The doctor was sure that I did still have an infection and gave me a different ear drop with steroids added. I have all but finished that (2 week course) but it hasn't made any significant difference. I am really hoping that I will get my hearing back. That is bothering me more than the tinnitus at the moment. If I try to listen to my iPod, the sound on the left is quite muffled/distorted but more on some days than others. The hearing went suddenly not gradually which is why I thought it was an ear infection.   :(

The hospital doctor said that I would be called back the following week for a further appointment but I have heard nothing so have just let the GP practice know that I haven't

I really don't know whether it is meno connected or not but I am on HRT Evorel Conti.

Cazikins

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2022, 04:56:42 PM »

Hi Katejo.
I would contact the ENT dept at the hospital directly. You should have their contact details on your appt letter.
The fact that the meds they gave you haven't helped needs to be mentioned to the consultant.
Did they give you a hearing test (in the closed room with headphones & the button to press when you hear the tone)?
Don't let the idea that HRT is the cause - your hearing is very precious.
Phone them tomorrow & explain all you have on here.
Cazi

Katejo

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2022, 06:42:43 PM »

Hi Katejo.
I would contact the ENT dept at the hospital directly. You should have their contact details on your appt letter.
The fact that the meds they gave you haven't helped needs to be mentioned to the consultant.
Did they give you a hearing test (in the closed room with headphones & the button to press when you hear the tone)?
Don't let the idea that HRT is the cause - your hearing is very precious.
Phone them tomorrow & explain all you have on here.
Cazi
I have no number to phone because I had no letter. The original appt was arranged through A &E with a letter to give to the doctor who saw me. I was told that their ENT depression would contact me. Then the GP rang me and asked me to let him know if I got no follow up.

I had done a hearing test at a local clinic for removing ear wax. I showed the ENT doctor the results but he wanted to do a further test.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5