Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lanspronal  (Read 1285 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Lanspronal
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2022, 07:21:23 AM »

Just to say, if you are eating foods with acid then you will still have acid reflux. I am unable to eat onion, garlic, fruit juice, tomato based sauces.

Diedre, it is worth trying some supplements just to see if they make a difference. Menopause also causes tiredness too though.

ange63

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2022, 07:25:19 AM »

wish I could take the PPI meds for my acid reflux/GERD (all part of meno symptoms on set) but get severe side effects that make me very ill.   So manage with diet and gaviscon.    PPI are very strong stuff and think doctors do like those that can to wean off and use only when needed.       

Dierdre

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2022, 10:13:11 AM »

I had the one prescription and only take as and when needed. I won't be renewing it, think I'll manage with dietary changes and Rennies or Gaviscon. Just read the side effects of Lapsoprazle and in my case the benefits don't outweigh the risks.
Think I'll try some supplements anyway Flossieteacake, maybe over 60 vitamins and start taking my vit D again, don't take in the summer as I'm in the sun a lot.

Ayesha

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2022, 12:23:18 PM »

I have been on lansoprazol for 2 months and still get reflux acid

I know it takes two months for Omeprazole to start working so I assume Lansoprazole is the same, give it more time and hopefully you will start to see an improvement.

Dierdre

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2022, 12:59:07 PM »

It's not always something I've eaten that causes my heartburn, I can get it quite bad when I'm anxious and worried. Anyone else get this?

Ayesha

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2022, 01:31:38 PM »

I do, every time I am anxious I suffer but the Omeprazole stops it getting as bad as it used to be. It's why I hate to make appointments, the dentist for instance because my nerves go into overdrive and causes acid reflux. 

Smokey

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2022, 02:03:47 PM »

Weeloz I don’t get the acid reflux but I get the indigestion.

I guess it doesn’t help that I no longer have a gallbladder either.
I had a endoscopy many years ago which diagnosed hiatus hernia.

When I have a flare up it usually coincides with hormonal change which in turn effects my ms symptoms it makes my ms fatigue a lot worse together with my balance,dry eyes and I generally feel off colour.

I wish I could turn time back to before I was 44  and all theses problems started.  Wishful thinking 🤔

Gnatty

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2022, 02:10:57 PM »

Sorry if you have already said but are you on HRT? My symptoms have virtually disappeared since taking. The only trigger now seems to be tannin. So I don't drink tea ( proper coffee, fine) and I avoid red wine too. I reckon tannin has a lot to answer for!

Michelle46

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2022, 03:43:50 PM »

I took lansoprazole for about 2 years but I started taking a good probiotic and weaned myself off them completely.

Weeloz

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2022, 10:47:15 PM »

Taz2  I take it first Thing  with water . 🙄 Michelle 46 which probiotic do you take  and has it helped

« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 10:54:46 PM by Weeloz »
Pages: 1 [2]