Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Soooo Frustrated!!!  (Read 676 times)

Bevey

Soooo Frustrated!!!
« on: December 27, 2020, 01:26:29 AM »

I keep feeling like all of this is finally behind me (the anger, the rapidly switching mood states, the exhaustion, the crying, the fatigue, the zinging sensations...), but they keep coming back!

It is just so hard for me to understand how I can feel so well one minute, and even have a string of great weeks, only to descend back into the perimenopausal abyss.

I am now 50 days without a period, and I am 52 years old, so I am holding onto this as a positive, knowing that I am moving in the right direction. But why does this have to be so hard?!

Can anyone else relate? Please share:)

sheila99

Re: Soooo Frustrated!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 01:53:46 PM »

I felt just like you only without the good bits  :(. I felt so bad I went on hrt. Still on it, every time I try to reduce the symptoms come back (late peri). It's good that it's going in the right direction for you. It's a horrible time and no guarantee you'll feel OK when you reach meno. Major design flaw imo.

Uptick

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 02:05:41 PM »

Hi Bevey, yes I've been there and it's a tough time. Perimenopause is like having daily instead of monthly hormonal fluctuations. You can go from feeling like a horny adolescent to an achey 90 year old in a couple of days. There's no escape, some women are lucky and have mild symptoms but I don't believe that many 'sail through' menopause. Symptoms depend on many other factors, like diet, exercise, lifestyle, personality, support from family, friends. Information and relaxation techniques are the best weapons in this war, but if you can't cope with symptoms because of demanding work, partner, children, etc. you can resort to HRT.

'Why does this have to be so hard?' It doesn't have to be so hard, but we're just beginning to educate ourselves about a subject that has been treated as a taboo by a male orientated society, where women are valued for their reproductive and beauty status. This may sound feminist, but it's not, it's a fact that applies to men and women in general.

Bevey

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 04:52:54 PM »

Yes, Uptick...I completely agree with you. Thanks for the insightful post. I am getting through this, and I am so proud of my perseverance. When things are bad, I try to focus on my breathing, stay calm, and know that my hormones will change again soon, and I will feel better. I am definitely looking forward to having perimenopause in the rear view mirror!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 06:47:22 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round  ;)