Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel 2 x pumps  (Read 809 times)

sed

Oestrogel 2 x pumps
« on: December 26, 2020, 06:38:41 PM »

Hi, just wanted some advice on a new regime I am on.  I have the Mirena for one week and Oestrogel 2 pumps.  I applied 2 pumps in the morning on my inner thighs.  My symptoms weren’t as troublesome today but I found this evening I feel my muscle aches, chest aches (normal symptoms I have had) creeping in...also tearful.  Just wondered if it is too early to apply another pump or should I just stick with the 2 pumps for 3 months?  Hoping someone can help.

Tinkerbell

Re: Oestrogel 2 x pumps
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 11:13:30 PM »

I used 2 pumps of Estrogel for two weeks before increasing dose, the tearfulness maybe the progesterone from the Mirena, hopefully that will settle.
I have used Estrogel and the Mirena for 4 years now, great combo for me.

sheila99

Re: Oestrogel 2 x pumps
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 11:28:42 AM »

One week is really too soon, I'd give it another couple of weeks. If you feel worse than you did before hrt it's probably the mirena. They say you shpuld give it 6 months to settle but some people feel so bad the remove it before then. Do you have flushes? If they do and they aren't controlled in a fortnight then increase the gel. With other symptoms it's harder to tell as they take longer to go (my insomnia and anxiety took 3 months). You do need to increase slowly though, too much oestrogen can be as bad a too little. 2 pumps is the normal starting dose in peri and seems to be suitable for most, but not all, women.