Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Patch changing  (Read 951 times)

donnacrichton

Patch changing
« on: December 20, 2020, 11:21:10 PM »

Has anyone found they need to change their patch more than twice a week. I have been doing every three days but still dipping on day three. I use 100mcg and have tried twice to go to 125mcg but always end up with bad anxiety after a couple of months. I was wanting to know if anyone has had to do every 2 days to prevent the drop on the third day?

Hurdity

Re: Patch changing
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 09:54:07 PM »

I change mine every 3 days and it's always been OK but I have heard on this forum of women who seem to absorb a lot of the oestrogen very quickly from the patch so levels drops off quicker. Maybe something to do with your skin, where you apply it and generaly body temeprature? Absorption will be higher if warmer and if skin is thinner I would say. Could you try changing application site and see if that helps and then increasing the dose as well if you feel absorption is much slower?

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

Re: Patch changing
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 06:34:52 PM »

I have being applying the patch to the thigh but tried the tummy instead. It didn’t stick as well so back to the thigh. I have also gone from estraderm 100mcg then estradot 100mcg and as of the last 10 days it has been evorel 100mcg. The pharmacy can’t seem to get the same brand consistently. I can’t tell if it is all the changing of brands making it more complicated. I have a three month supply of evorel now and will give it time to settle. I also feel I get a higher dose within hours of the patch being applied so was wondering if anyone has done every two days instead of three?