Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Clots  (Read 974 times)

Mummytron

Clots
« on: December 17, 2020, 05:01:00 PM »

I'm 5 years into perimenopause and my periods are heavier and not as regular. I'm also getting more clots and bigger ones. Is this part of the menopause?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Clots
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 05:40:15 PM »

Hi I think it probably is.  Fortunately for me all that heavy bleeding, clots and dreadful pains lessened with peri-menopause.  My periods waxed and waned for years, then disappeared.  Keeping a mood/food/symptom diary might be useful?

If you are bleeding for more than 2 weeks and it is heavy, your GP can prescribe appropriate treatment.  How R U otherwise?

Mummytron

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 05:47:45 PM »

Thanks for replying.
I'm ok otherwise, classis peri symptoms and different times of the month. Headaches, palpitations, anxiety, acne etc.
Very regular periods turned into early, late, heavy and very heavy and have had clots before but I think these panicked me a bit.

KAH

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 06:25:29 PM »

Yes I get clots now, never used to. I didn’t have a period from Feb until Oct this year and they’ve come back with a vengeance. They’re so heavy I struggle to leave the house on day 1 & 2 as I just flood continuously. However after those 2 days are out of the way, it’s pretty light for the next 3 or 4 days.
I think heavier, clottier periods are par of the course ☹️

Mummytron

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 04:47:53 PM »

Yes thats how I am, first 2 days a nightmare to manage and then barely anything.
Thanks all.