Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nearly 4 weeks on Evoral Sequi and still feeling naff x  (Read 1232 times)

sheila99

Re: Nearly 4 weeks on Evoral Sequi and still feeling naff x
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2020, 02:29:00 PM »

I think you need to give it a bit longer Unicorn. Flushes go in the first couple of weeks but the psychological symptoms seem to take longer. It was 3 months before my anxiety and insomnia went completely, before that it was up and down with overall gradual improvement. Yours seems to going in the right direction so worth sticking with IMO.
  I'm not impressed with your gp, some women have no flushes at all but plenty of other symptoms, different cycle length is definitely a symptom. Most people are fine on the first hrt they try but some need to try different options before they find the one that suits them.

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2020, 06:40:06 PM »

I haven't read the whole thread yet but my first thought is that the progesterone in Evorel is norethisterone which is well known for causing low mood and PMT type symptoms in some women (me included). Did you find your mood dipped further while on the second half of the patches? It could be that over the next two months this will even out but if not then a different progesterone may be the answer.

It's great news that you are already getting relief from the hot flushes etc. Emotional symptoms are often the last things to improve in my experience.

Taz x  :hug:

Flo2020

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 12:05:21 AM »

Hi Crispy
I just posted about Evorel Sequi as I’m not loving it either. My issues seem to be more physical than yours but I’m also leaning towards stopping taking it.  Something is telling me it’s not right for me either.
Sorry I can’t help, but wanted to let you know you’re not alone!

CrispyChick

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2020, 03:15:13 PM »

Thanks flo.

I've stopped today. I got to day 15. 2 weeks of feeling poisoned on estrogen 🤷‍♀️, dropped to half dose... Been bleeding ever since... Then 2 days of half estrogen/prog which gave me headaches and immense brain fog.

I would've stuck with the combined had the estrogen been good. But it felt soooo bad, that's can't be right 🤷‍♀️

Unicorn

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2020, 02:19:20 PM »

Thank you all and I pray you get some relief... never give up! Going into week 5 and I can hopefully say I feel more normal (well, as normal as I will ever be).  Not sure if it's the patches or just a horrible phase that is passing, all I know, I'm just so grateful.  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart xxxx
Pages: 1 [2]