Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Variable Estrogel schedule?  (Read 759 times)

Shannonplussed

Variable Estrogel schedule?
« on: December 13, 2020, 03:23:23 AM »

For those of you that use different amounts of Estrogel at different times of the month, can you share when you increase and when you decrease?

I find I have a few great days followed by several more awful ones, and I wonder if the awful ones need a top up—but for how long, I’m not sure. I can top up but don’t know when to back off. With the Mirena, I don’t have a flow but I do seem to have somewhat of a cycle going in terms of mood/cramps. I don’t want to raise and lower estrogen to match what would naturally occur because the roller coaster has been super rough for me (especially the week before a period). Ideally, I’d like to establish a more even keel, not over serving E on the already good days, and topping up the low days. Does anyone have a rough schedule or one that has really worked for them? (Knowing this is all a shot in the dark with no flow/menopause and all the unknowns.)

Shannonplussed

Re: Variable Estrogel schedule?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 03:09:00 AM »

Never mind. I’ve gone through the forum and determined that what I need is patience (HA!) and time to stick with the 4 pumps of Estrogel that I’m currently on (recently increased from 3). Going to attempt to suppress my cycle. Not looking forward to white-knuckling it through the next months but this anxiety and low mood have got to go. I want to stamp out my own fluctuations and this forum does have some success stories that have me hopeful.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 06:56:07 AM »

Hi yes stick with the same dose . Trying different doses might give you fluctuations that will make things worse. Good luck x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 10:57:14 AM »

You may well be able to suppress your cycle with high doses of oestrogen but it may possibly increase bleeding?

Hurdity x

Shannonplussed

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 01:38:07 PM »

Perhaps but I didn’t bleed with a Mirena pre-menopause and I’m not bleeding now, so I’m hopeful!