Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is this a prolapse, VA or something else!  (Read 1391 times)

Scampidoodle

Is this a prolapse, VA or something else!
« on: December 13, 2020, 10:38:39 AM »

Hi I was on here a few months ago as went onto oestrogel for 4 months but I got adverse effects which turned out was because I had a histamine intolerance, so I came off the gel over a few weeks. I’m now being treated for the HIT with antihistamines and various supplements  for 6 months and starting to feel a lot better.

But, after coming off the oestrogel, straight away I felt like my insides were going to fall out and felt really heavy. This was only for a few days then it resolved. I presumed a reaction to my oestrogen going down and then my own kicked back in.

Now a couple of months on I’m suddenly feeling that way again during my period. I felt down there and can feel it’s more fleshy just inside then beyond that feels normal. I can feel my Mirena strings high up. I feel like I have a very small tampon in all the time but I haven’t. I can’t really remember what it feel like own there as haven’t really investigated since my daughter was born 4 years ago but just standing and sitting it doesn’t feel normal. This is within days!

I have an appt with my GP Friday
Just wondered if any ladies can help or reassure. It just seems to have happened so suddenly. Can being on hrt then coming off have such a reaction?!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is this a prolapse, VA or something else!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 11:18:27 AM »

Probably.  Oestrogen is one of the hormones that keeps elasticity in the skin etc., so mayB as effects drop off things 'move South'?

Do mention it at your appt. and let us know how you get on.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 11:40:40 AM »

Thankyou CLKD I will do.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 12:07:09 PM »

Depending on what the doctor says I wondered if vaginal oestrogen would help keep things ‘supple’ down there.

But does vaginal oestrogen get into your system or is it kept localised?

The oestrogel I was on clearly had benefit down there and there was a definite downside when I came off it. But I can’t take systemic oestrogen right now due to the histamine thing.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 12:18:34 PM »

Hello Scampidoodle

I only use vaginal moisturiser but I understand that topical oestrogen stays in the local area. I think I heard Louise Newson say this on a recent YouTube video and I am sure other ladies who use Vagifem will be along soon to comment.

Can I ask how your histamine intolerance was diagnosed? I have just restarted Oestrogel after a long break and I would be interested to hear more about your story.

Wishing you well.

K.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 12:32:15 PM »

Hi Kathleen, I started oestrogel (with Mirena) in April mainly for low mood in peri. I had hair shedding and hot flushes, skin flushing and increase in anxiety. I had none of these pre hrt! I then started reacting to foods in an allergy type way. So I came off it in Sept.

I saw someone in Dr Tina Peers menopause clinic (the menopause consultancy) virtually in nov and am on lots of supplements and antihistamines for 6 months and a low histamine diet. I feel so much better. I feel good when I don’t have oestrogen in my system really. Like now I’ve just finished my period and I’ve started to feel a bit jittery and nervous and low. This is when others prob feel good! I feel better with progesterone in my system as it down regulates the histamine apparently.

So I’m better off the oestrogel but now I have this damn suspected prolapse as a result of going on it! I think it’s bladder as it seem like a bulge in my front wall just inside me :-(

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 12:49:34 PM »

Some ladies have other symptoms when on 'vagifem' although it's a localised application.  MayB read the 'vaginal atrophy' thread or put 'vagifem' into the search box?  make notes ;-)

Joaniepat

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 12:51:16 PM »

Depending on what the doctor says I wondered if vaginal oestrogen would help keep things ‘supple’ down there.

But does vaginal oestrogen get into your system or is it kept localised?

The oestrogel I was on clearly had benefit down there and there was a definite downside when I came off it. But I can’t take systemic oestrogen right now due to the histamine thing.
Vaginal oestrogen is localized and should not get into the system. It is worth a try.
JP x

Scampidoodle

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 01:27:12 PM »

Thank you for all your replies ladies  :)

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 02:39:45 PM »

love your name by the way  ;D

Scampidoodle

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2020, 02:46:56 PM »

Ha Thankyou. Scampi was my childhood nickname. No real reason! Just added the doodle :-)

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2020, 02:51:05 PM »

Would that be 'labra'doodle  :D. Scampi was a familiar name for dogs , that as well as Rover, Toby, 'come 'er'

Scampidoodle

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2020, 03:53:02 PM »

;D

Scampidoodle

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2020, 04:20:06 PM »

Well saw gynae and stage 1 bladder and stage 1 bowel prolapses. All came on after coming off my 2 pumps oestrogel I was trying for peri symptoms. I think I clearly had weakness before that but it pumped things up again but when I came off it all dropped!

Physio being organised to improve pelvic floor. He also prescribed vagifem. I’m 41 and very very early peri but no dryness yet but he said can strengthen the wall with the collagen.

Anyone have any experience of prolapse and the physio and improvement to the bulge I am currently feeling?! X

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2020, 04:27:25 PM »

Tnx for the update.

Do make sure that the physio is au fait with womens' health.  Some exercises may make prolapse worse  ::)

I am sure that prolapse is talked about here.
Pages: [1] 2