Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Low mood and no libido  (Read 872 times)

Taralou

• First Flush
Low mood and no libido
« on: December 13, 2020, 12:51:02 PM »

I need some help please I had my ovaries removed in January due to endometriosis. I was proscribed when I lift with Tibleron hrt tablets  which I took for a few months with no problem but the doctor freaked out when she new I was on them so put me on kelofem I was on them for 6 months! After lots of research I did I asked to be put on the gel Estrogel 1 pump each arm and the utrogestan tablets I take one at night I’ve been on this now for 24 days but I’m struggling with my mood and nil libido and weak muscles can anyone suggest what I can do??? I asked my doctor for testosterone and she said they do not prescribe it should I be taking something else can anyone give me some help please ?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 12:53:17 PM by Taralou »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Low mood and no libido
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 02:41:58 PM »

Hi! who prescribed the Tibleron tablets and what excuse did your GP give for changing them?

MayB put the names of the products into the search box on here.  Make notes :-)

:welcomemm:   some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Hopefully someone with HRT knowledge will be along with more info..

Taralou

• First Flush
Re: Low mood and no libido
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 09:49:58 PM »

Hi the hospital proscribed the Tibleron my doctor took my off them and put me on kilofem said they were better but I had a bleed with them for 2 weeks then things settled down. I asked to change to the gel and tablets as I read they were safe to use and body identical!! My libido is nil tho I read it could be my testosterone levels are low I asked my doctor and she said they don’t proscribed it to women which is ridiculous!!!!