Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Dryness!  (Read 720 times)

Tootsey11

Dryness!
« on: December 10, 2020, 11:45:13 PM »

Can anyone help with continuing dryness.

I'm using vagifem every other night, and Ovestin every day, as well as conti patches and everything is so dry. It is like the Sahara.

What can I do with this, it's driving me crazy. Things like VM and sylk send my skin mental with pain. It does not seem to like anything.

Any advice,  I really don't feel any benefit from the patches at all.

Taz2

Re: Dryness!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 12:29:49 AM »

Could it be because you have lichen sclerosis as well as VA? I'm not sure what the treatment is for LS. You also mention other health conditions so these may be having an impact too.

I really feel for you as dryness is so uncomfortable that it's difficult to concentrate on anything else!

Taz x

CherrySG

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 05:56:22 AM »

Hi Tootsie. Olive and Bee is good, if you're OK with oil-based treatments. It's very gentle with no weird ingredients.

I also like the Balance Activ pessaries, they are rather expensive and have to be used at night due to gravity, but they are soothing.

TnToast

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 07:54:29 PM »

Hi Tootsey

How long have you been using everything? It seems to take a long time to get on top of things and feel a difference. Is the dryness internal or external or both?

For external dryness taking care not to get too much water there and keeping the whole are moisturised seems to  have helped me a bit. I have had some relief putting Dermol 500 lotion on before stepping into the shower and just rinsing it off at the end with cool water. I have cut out all scented shampoo and conditioner too and use an emollient to wash rather than normal shower gel as it is too irritating and drying. After patting dry I put Dermol 500 on again over the outer area plus a thin layer of Hydromol ointment on the vulva. I am also using Ovestin and YES VM on alternate nights and avoiding underwear at night...sometimes it felt like clothing absorbed any moisture which might have been there... It has taken me a long time to feel a small improvement though.