Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: E level question?  (Read 623 times)

VikkiP

E level question?
« on: December 10, 2020, 06:38:04 PM »

I have a question, from what i have picked up from this forum, E levels (Oestrogen?) obviously make you feel different emotions, is there a chart from high to low what each amount makes you feel? I. E. high level makes you feel anxious, TIA.

Hurdity

Re: E level question?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 09:12:15 AM »

Hi Vikkip

How long is a piece of string?

It is entirely individual and the only thing we can be sure of is that we need oestrogen at a high enough level to make us feel normal! It is the dominant female hormone (ie men have less of it) and as such our bodies depend on it. Once your body's production of it starts to falter and vary as we approach menopause, things start to get a bit tricky and it is often impossible to tell if you have got too much or too little because the hormonal fluctuations of perimenopause can cause havoc irrespective of actual leveles per se. Also once you start replacing it artificially though - this can also be difficult because it is impossible to mimic the complete well-balanced endocrine system that we have experienced throughout our fertile lives. So to some extent when using HRT it is trial and error. It is generally accepted that low oestrogen can lead to persistent low mood in many women - but this is not universal, and women continue to make some oestrogen post-menopause.

Does this help? Hopefully not too vague.

I can point you in the direction of articles etc on per-menopause if you are interested - but in the meantime read as much as you can on the main website.

Where are you in menopause and how old are you, and are you experiencing menopausal symptoms?

Hurdity x  :welcomemm:

VikkiP

Re: E level question?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 09:28:37 AM »

Hi Hurdity, i was just wondering how it all worked. Started peri menopause a couple of months back, just after 46th birthday, periods normally regular were all over the place and mood shot up to hyper, having heavy periods too. But this last year, lots of shitty stuff happened so anxiety was terrible, now wondering if it was linked to peri?
I have had a good read and bought a few books which i will read over xmas holidays.
Feeling more upbeat than low at the moment, hopefully will stay that way! Lol!  Very very high libido (poor hubby).
I have been drinking a lot last few months and eating shite, so that is getting sorted, just wondering what changes it will make? Obviously/hopefully positive ones.
Also going to start a journal, i just wondered if i could say to myself, well you are very low today because your E is low, or high. I suppose it would have helped me know, that its not my fault, its my hormones, i’m not a horrible wife. Lol.
I have actually told hubby that if i’m short or nasty to him, its not him or me, its just nature. He seems to understand xx