Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: breast pain  (Read 1278 times)

devonlass

breast pain
« on: December 09, 2020, 02:48:03 PM »

hi  I am 61 and when I was younger I used to suffer with pain just in my left breast like a dull ache it would last for a day or two and then go .Over the last ten days it seems to have come back but still has not gone all my previous scans have been normal but I must admit I am getting a bit worried I have made an appointment with my doctor but just wondered if any of you ladies have also had anything like this before

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: breast pain
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 03:01:29 PM »

Hi.Devonlass.

Yes I get breast pain too in my left breast mostly.
I had it a few weeks ago, and after a few days I was starting to stress a bit, but it's settled down now. My one and only mammogram was normal too.
I think it's just hormones. 🤷‍♀️ Sometimes I get pain in my chest due to anxiety too, and it's sometimes hard to know which is which.
Good you've asked for a doctor appointment, we should never be complacent about these things.
But hopefully it's just hormones, and eventually it will settle down.
Let us know how you get on. Good luck.
Xx

devonlass

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 03:09:33 PM »

thank you so much for your reply its made me feel much better .I have been through a great deal of stress lately so have been quite anxious

Itwillpass

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 06:44:51 PM »

I went to my doctor three weeks ago today with pain in the side of my right breast, have been this morning to the breast clinic had a examination, mammogram (ouch)! & scan. I’m only 46 but have been told it’s dense tissue caused by hormones & mastalgia. I’m so relieved was in & out within an hour & 40 minutes lovely staff  :) good you are getting it checked out x

Lalb1

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 09:20:49 PM »

I also get pain in my left breast. It's a weird type of ache and sometimes gets worse at night when I take my bra off. I also got to the point where I wore a soft sports bra to bed each night to try to stop the pain and aches. Somedays it helped, somedays it didn't and I also had a weird feeling in the arm on the same side. I'm sure it's hormones at play again as at different points in my cycle it has different levels of achiness and pain.