Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Fatigue: like a drugged feeling really getting me down now...  (Read 1600 times)

Julia45

Fatigue: like a drugged feeling really getting me down now...
« on: December 13, 2020, 03:26:48 PM »

Hi ladies,
I'm 45 and have always been full of energy. I've been taking HRT (gel and Utro) for 4 months - my main symptom was waves of anxiety and over thinking. I get random days of ridiculous tiredness which then causes constant dizziness (I am currently getting over labyrinthitis and anything will trigger it). I have kept a journal from when I started the HRT and noticed on my first round of Utro I was very tired after day 5, so I was advised to up my dose to 3 pumps, which I did and the tiredness stopped. Then the following month, I didn't get the tiredness when I was on Utro but in the days after. Now within this month, I developed the tiredness again on day 4 of the Utro....I have finished the Utro a couple of days ago and am now having a period. I am still tired. Does my body need another pump? Am I putting it on at the wrong time? Am I having too much?

I sleep soooo well. Within an hour I'm tired and dizzy (the labyrinthitis). I don't want to stop the HRT as it has helped the anxiety and I have read about the benefits. I really can't keep functioning like this if I suddenly have a run of days where I am feeling so sedated.

I don't know what to do for the best??

Any advice VERY welcome.

Julia

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Fatigue: like a drugged feeling really getting me down now...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 04:06:27 PM »

Crashing fatigue was something that Mum had, she would sit down suddenly and go to sleep, often in the middle of chores  :-\

Julia45

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 04:31:11 PM »

I'm fine for most of the month and then have about 4 days of feeling like this. I'm wondering if my doses are wrong.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 06:30:34 PM »

How were you during your menstruating years?  I would get very thirsty the night B4 a bleed.  Keeping hydrated may help tiredness.

Julia45

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 06:58:58 PM »

I breezed through periods before perimenopause. I went through two pregnancies and two births very well. So, peri is a challenge. I was having waves of anxiety and overthinking before i started HRT. Now it's terrible tiredness after a really good full night's sleep. I currently have labyrinthitis (dizziness from inner ear virus) so that isn't helping either.

I just need to balance my hormones!

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 07:52:01 PM »

Hello Julia 45.

I also had Labyrinthitis recently so you have my sympathy. I think my dizziness took about a week to completely resolve. I was prescribed Stemetil and told to get lots of rest and to drink plenty of fluids.

It may be that your tiredness from the virus has added to your hormonal fatigue and you will feel better when fully recovered.

I also sympathise with the need to balance your hormones.  Although I am physically well now my meno moods  continue to be a challenge.

Wishing you well and I hope you feel better soon.

K.

Julia45

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 02:04:32 PM »

Hi Kathleen,
Thanks for your reply. My labyrinthitis has gone on for 6 months. I'm sure hormones aren't helping. I have a run of great days followed by dizzy. I think the Utrogestan part of HRT is not helping. I'm upping my gel dose by half to see if that helps....

I really appreciate your response.

Julia

Julia45

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 02:06:30 PM »

Hi Avalon,

Thanks for your response. That's interesting about the zombie feeling you have also. It's debilitating. Right, for the next round of Utro, I will take it vaginally. I have also upped my gel by half a pump - did you do this also?

Julia

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 02:39:38 PM »

I have been the same on utro. I assume you're peri as you're on a sequi regime? I was absolutely wiped out on utrogeston. Now I am late peri it is barely noticeable when my own hormones aren't contributing, when I do have an ovulatory cycle I still get bad fatigue. For me most of the problem was too much progesterone. I can now get to day 10 before I get it and then I'm a bit tired rather than totally floored. I've always taken it vaginally. I tried upping my gel when I was on utro as it felt as though I needed more oestrogen. It didn't help me but worth trying as you may be different.