Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: GP has prescribed Qlaira - Feeling scared and need encouragement!  (Read 60397 times)

Gilla999

Re: GP has prescribed Qlaira - Feeling scared and need encouragement!
« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2021, 06:20:53 AM »

I also do really try to honestly look at it all and wonder whether this could all be psychological - I know the brain is such a strong thing! Or something to do with my other medication. But I keep looking back at my diary throughout 2020 when all this started and the timing just coincides every single time with a week or towards the end up to two weeks before my period. Every single time. And like I've mentioned before, I didn't even make that connection until around September, so it wasn't like I was anticipating it. If there is some other cause than my hormones I don't understand why it would be so cyclical.

CrispyChick

« Reply #406 on: April 19, 2021, 11:41:51 AM »

I've gone really narky again.  :-\. Day 6 after restarting microgynon.  :o

CrispyChick

« Reply #407 on: April 19, 2021, 06:52:58 PM »

I'm soooo grumpy I'm seriously considering swapping to eloine due to the grumpiness...

Scampidoodle

« Reply #408 on: April 19, 2021, 09:27:27 PM »

I might give up on mini pill, feel so depressed. I did before but sure it’s gone up a notch and too bad to push through.

How is the head crispy?

CrispyChick

« Reply #409 on: April 20, 2021, 08:09:58 AM »

Scampi, maybe we should start eloine together???

I'm not surprised you're depressed, to be honest, you're putting in a lot of progesterone.  I used to love the mini pill, nut latterly it gave me low moods. Maybe u do need a not of estrogen?

I'm feeling grumpy as levongestral is renowned for it. It's a hard, old school progesterone. I'm not low though, just grumpy. Told hubbie yesterday that just looking at him made me grumpy 🤣🤣🤣

My head is still not right. I've managed to keep the migraines away. Lots of steaming, turned radiators off 🥶 and using steroid spray. Spoke to gp yesterday, she's going to write to my ENT surgeon. No idea if connected or not to pill/hormones, but I'm suspiscious. Gp says not.

So this week as I start back on microgynon after only 4 day break I'm grumpy, tired and getting terrible indigestion. Then head/nose issue on top of it. Grrrr. Gilla - if I can get such terrible indigestion from the pill, I believe your issue is more than likely caused by it.

I'm going to take it today... Then decide...

Big day today. Schools back. 🤸‍♀️👐

Gilla999

« Reply #410 on: April 20, 2021, 12:03:29 PM »

All I can say is I empathise... for the last week or so I've been seriously weighing up whether I am really overall any better on the Pill than off it. X

Scampidoodle

« Reply #411 on: April 20, 2021, 01:26:11 PM »

Yes if you feel the same on and off there seems little point!

Have either of you tried a functional medicine doctor/nutritionist? Not something I would have ever suggested prior to my current state but given the lack of options and progress we are making it may be worth a try? I r started seeing a nutritionist re the histamine inflammation stuff but sure mine does hormone stuff too as she was mentioning running a Dutch test etc.

Anyway I’ve given up on mini pill.

Grumpy sounds a bit more doable crispy if it’s short lived. Hope it subsides xx

CrispyChick

« Reply #412 on: April 20, 2021, 03:42:33 PM »

What are you going to do now scampi???

Yes, gilla, I agree. If no better, no point. I have a, lot of suffering on this pill (as with all of them) but I'm still better than on nothing. On nothing I had to go to out of hours with 8 day intense ovulation pain (cyst?), horrific pmt fir 10 days avd dizziness at start of cycle.

Today I have a nippy head, foggy, bit off and confused. But that's still better. I might try eloine.

Scampi I saw a medical herbalist at the start of all this. I had good success with agnus castus beforehand for pmt, but I actually now believe it triggered all this unbalance. Anyway, at great expense to myself, the herbalist tinctures were absolutely no help. 🙄. I chose to see the main herbalist with meno experience 🤷‍♀️

Gilla999

« Reply #413 on: April 20, 2021, 06:09:41 PM »

No, what's a functional medicine doctor Scampi? Have you decided to stop everything for now?

I'm not planning on making any decisions until at least after I get my rhythm tests back which would be in about 3 or 4 weeks time. But if my night sweats and insomnia situation doesn't improve from how it currently is (which seems to be one week on/one week off) then when I take into account all the side effects of the Pill I don't think it would be worth it for me. But the thought of being naked and having to suffer for 2 weeks out of every 4 for the next few years is a bit of a scary prospect. I'm just hoping beyond hope that it improves over the coming 2 months.

Crispy did you ever investigate the ovulation pain? That sounds very extreme to be normal? Xx

CrispyChick

« Reply #414 on: April 20, 2021, 07:05:47 PM »

That sounds like the prefect plan gilla. I really really hope you turn a corner. Why we are just expected to live like this, I just dont know 🤷‍♀️

When I had the extreme ovulation pain I went to out of hours Doctor. They didn't seem concerned at all. I just don't fancy that every month!!!!

I think I'm going to try eloine. Scampi are u joining me on that journey???

Scampidoodle

« Reply #415 on: April 20, 2021, 07:31:16 PM »

I’m just not sure what I’m going to do next to be honest. I don’t know if I dare try another pill. The mini pill caused hot flushes for me, just like when I had oestrogen and just like the lady combined pill I tried years ago. I just don’t know if I can take it! I didn’t expect it to happen with the mini pill but I got such temperature dysregulation.

Crispy I’m glad you’re better off with the pill. And Gilla hope you’re able to come to a decision after the Dutch test, which I hope provides some answers. Functional medicine doctors are supposed to try find the root cause for things rather than treating the symptoms. That’s how I found out I can’t detoxify oestrogen well so it ends up circulating round my body. I think the Dutch test gives that kind of info and is the kind of test a functional medicine person does. Xx

Gilla999

« Reply #416 on: April 21, 2021, 05:32:53 AM »

Scampi I've just checked out the Dutch test and it's much more in depth than what I'm doing... that looks really interesting and definitely something I'd consider doing if I'm not getting any answers - if I can find a provider in the UK. Thanks for the recommendation!

Crispy good luck with starting eloine xx

Alicess

« Reply #417 on: April 21, 2021, 07:07:27 AM »

Gilla, the pill ( synthetic BCP) surpresses your own hormones. So FSH, LH, estrogen, progesterone and testosterone will be low. The outcome will not be accurate. Maybe a Dutch test is possible, you can look that up.

I also had hot flashes, night sweats and insomnia on Elione /Yaz. I'm not sure why; either because the estrogen is to low of because it surpresses testosterone to much. But it's early days for you, it may settle.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 07:30:54 AM by Alicess »

Gilla999

« Reply #418 on: April 21, 2021, 09:13:59 AM »

Thanks Alice, that's what I'm waiting to see with my test results. I suspect that the results won't be flat because I think my own hormones are still surging underneath which is what I want to test - but we shall see!

I try to remind myself it's early days too. Interesting you still had night sweats and insomnia on Elione and Yaz. I wasn't aware of a connection between suppressing testosterone and Estrogen, could you share? xx

Scampidoodle

« Reply #419 on: April 21, 2021, 10:05:26 AM »

Did you have those symptoms prior to the Eloine Alicess? Or were they caused by the Eloine? X
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33