Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do I just give up???  (Read 2099 times)

dangermouse

Re: Do I just give up???
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2020, 02:59:29 PM »

Yes I got better!!!

I'm not perfect as I still have volatility as have hot flushes and my last frequent periods ended last September, then I had another 2 in April and May this year. I actually keep a 28 day cycle in my calendar as I still feel the high and lows which pretty much match up with the cycle that is hard to 'see' without a period!

Day 8 and 9 were always my worst as oestrogen starts rising, or trying to and struggling, which made me feel anxious, overwhelmed and dizzy. The way to tell if it's high oestrogen when you have a cycle is that the middle part is the worst, when in the past that would have been the nicer part as normal high levels of oestrogen make you feel great. Spiking levels are like being intoxicated though and they would leave me with a 10 day migraine (silent, nausea, dizzy, twitchy type). Also I had swollen breasts and cysts and had to have biopsy last year as one large one and lots of small ones. They thought I was on HRT as had so many! Fortunately, it was all ok.

Cysts, growths and inflammation are all obvious signs of high oestrogen.

MaryG here has written some interesting posts on how important it is to keep
oestrogen and progesterone as stable as possible, to avoid migraine, if you do a search. Some of it will be in the compounded hormones thread.

Also ElizabethRose has some amazing posts on migraines and Sparkle too on the digestion side.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 03:02:33 PM by dangermouse »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2020, 04:05:34 PM »

Keeping notes is important.  It enables me to think 'actually I wasn't too bad/worse when that happened B4'  :-\

CrispyChick

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2020, 05:03:23 PM »

Interesting... Thank you dangermouse. Well last month, au naturele was when I ended up at out of hours with suspected cyst. Never had one before in my life... So that's sounds right for the estrogen spike.

Also the month before I had 2 good days the week before my period, which felt upside down.

So... Assuming it is the high spikes of estrogen causing all this... It points again to the COC and a high dose being best to override...but they all make me feel like hell 😩. Admittedly I could eat!!!

My Gp asked me whch one was the best of the bad bunch.... Erm...thevobe that gave me severe migraines. Not great 🤷‍♀️

I shall go and look at somevof those posts avd also look at help to eliminate. Thanks so much.

I do keep a detailed diary ckd. Keep checking if to see when I felt better... I never did. 😬

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2020, 06:29:25 PM »

Where was the cyst?  Internal or external, you may have said; sorry  :-\

CrispyChick

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2020, 06:51:47 PM »

Ovarian cyst. Internal.

First time ever. Around time of ovulation. Do yet another symptom.  :'(
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 06:56:18 PM by CrispyChick »

Alicess

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2020, 08:23:03 PM »

Sorry, I made a mess by modifying my post...

CrispyChick

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2020, 09:25:28 PM »

Thanks Alicess. Don't worry... I see wgat you were saying on the other thread.

High estrogen surges or low estrogen... Who knows, but like you Alicess low estrogen pill, prog only pill and hrt not working.

I've struggled with nornal COC a lot face me similar symptoms, done made me grumpy, the best one gave me migraines avd excruciating boob pain (so was defo high estrogen). Meno clinic wanted me to try the patch. I'll do that next. 😬.

Thanks for all your advice ladies. It really does help x
Pages: 1 [2]