Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: I wasn't expecting this  (Read 1083 times)

CrispyChick

I wasn't expecting this
« on: December 04, 2020, 05:53:20 PM »

After suffering with many symptoms for some time I have, this week, started hrt. Fenoston 1/10.

I've taken my 5th tablet this morning.

My mood has dropped low and I am teary. I am literally on day 5 of the estrogen tablets... I thought estrogen perked up your moods.

Obviously I appreciate it is very early days - but did anyone else experience this mood drop in starting the estrogen part of HRT? It doesnt make sense to me 🤔

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I wasn't expecting this
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 05:56:36 PM »

I hate that sudden mood drop.  I get it occasionally mid-morning and I am not on HRT  :-\ what does it say in the leaflet?

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 06:07:46 PM »

The leaflet does refer to low mood etc as a side affect. I was worried about that with the progesterone tablets... Didn't expect it with the estrogen alone.

Very odd. It's really annoying as my mood was one of the few things that was doing OK before this hrt. Typical!!!  The rest of me was desperate.

Obviously as I'm only on day 5 I'll ker going, but just wondering if anyone else experienced this on estrogen alone???

NHS website states;

The main side effects of taking oestrogen include:

bloating
breast tenderness or swelling
swelling in other parts of the body
feeling sick
leg cramps
headaches
indigestion
vaginal bleeding

And only refers to mood on the progesterone section 🤷‍♀️
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 06:29:00 PM by CrispyChick »

KarineT

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 08:56:45 PM »

CrispyChick, you're right!  It surely doesn't make sense because low mood is a symptom of low oestrogen. Replacing the oestrogen that the body no longer produces should have to opposite effect.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 09:05:35 AM »

Hi CrispyChick

Sorry to hear about your low mood after starting HRT. It depends where you are in menopause and whether your cycle is coming into play. eg if your own hormones are fluctuating then your low mood could be due to that. The HRT does not override your cycle but gives you that minimum level of oestrogen so that it doesn't drop down as low as it would during the menstrual cycle, if you weren't on HRT.

You really need to give it 3 months and then re-evaluate what's going on, if you can.

I hopre you're feeling better now?

Hurdity x

CrispyChick

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 02:02:25 PM »

Thank you so much for the replies. It feels such a lonely long journey at times.

I'm on day 7 of femoston 1/10. My mood has gone up and down a bit, but overall not too bad. I was having a bad slump when I wrote this post, but it we t away as quick as it came  ::).

Got tremendous nausea now and feel woozy and off. But hey, that week 1 complete.  :-* onwards...abd I very much hope upwards! Quite nervous about the progesterone tablets 😬.

I'm 44. Been suffering tremendously for 3 years. Last month on nothing was a corker, so it was time to try. I'm just hoping my estrogen is low e ough to need the hrt... I don't want more migraines.

CrispyChick

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 08:48:08 PM »

Now completed 9 days on femoston 1/20 - feeling awful. Got a horrible feeling in my head. Like motion sickness, but comes from my head not stomach. It has to be said I've felt like this before. Could it be that I'm not ready for hrt??? Estrogen dominant and the estrogen is causing me problems???