Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estradot shortage  (Read 1726 times)

Shell

Estradot shortage
« on: December 01, 2020, 04:32:04 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Estradot is once again unavailable in my area  :'( :'( I really struggle with the size and stickiness of the other patches, has anyone found a good alternative.

I have tried, estraderm, evorel and femseven is out of stock also.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Shell xx

befuddled

Re: Estradot shortage
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 10:55:05 AM »

I was quite glad to see you haven't had replies to this yet, hopefully that means it's just a local thing (sorry, I know that doesn't help you) rather than a national shortage like it was last time.

If you need something to stick well, strappal tape is the best thing i've found.  I used to use it when i had trouble with blisters on my feet.  I go on holiday and walk around ten miles a day, shower in the evening, and often didn't have to replace it until the third or fourth day.  Downside was to get the sticky stuff of the skin when you wanted to.

NinaH

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 12:37:33 PM »

I have found sticking them on my shin is the perfect solution! They never ever come off and yes whilst I miss tiny extradited (and am delighted when I get some) I’m no longer deflated when I receive the bigger ones.

Uptick

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 01:49:40 PM »

Not yet, but shortages of Estradot in Australia, NZ and Canada have been reported. Same product, same manufacturer.

befuddled

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 02:41:19 PM »

On the shin?  The leaflet says put it on the abdomen, but does it matter?  Shin sound like a much better place for it to go.
How long did the shortage last,  Uptick?  Iv'e only recently started HRT, so missed all that last time around.

Uptick

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 03:18:20 PM »

Hi befuddled, supply issues are expected to continue untill July 2021 in Australia. https://www.tga.gov.au/alert/shortage-estradot-estradiol-hormone-replacement-therapy-patches-multiple-strengths

I've seen that Estradot UK PIL has changed this very morning! A new manufacturer has been added (Novartis, Spain) and some other changes including Section 1. What Estradot is and what is used for. I don't remember what the previous info stated but now it seems the patches are ONLY FOR POSTMENOPAUSAL women??

1. What Estradot is and what it is used for
Estradot is a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). It contains the female hormone oestrogen. Estradot is used in postmenopausal women with at least 12 months since their last natural period. Estradot comes as a patch that is applied to the skin.
Estradot is used for:
Relief of symptoms occurring after menopause
During the menopause, the amount of oestrogen produced by a woman’s body drops. This can cause symptoms such as hot face, neck and chest ("hot flushes"). Estradot alleviates these symptoms after menopause. You will only be prescribed Estradot if your symptoms seriously hinder your daily life.
Prevention of osteoporosis (for Estradot 50, 75 and 100 only)
After the menopause some women may develop fragile bones (osteoporosis). You should discuss all available options with your doctor.
If you are at an increased risk of fractures due to osteoporosis and other medicines are not suitable for you, you can use Estradot to prevent osteoporosis after menopause.

Salad

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 04:01:34 PM »

On the shin?  The leaflet says put it on the abdomen, but does it matter?  Shin sound like a much better place for it to go.
How long did the shortage last,  Uptick?  Iv'e only recently started HRT, so missed all that last time around.

When I started using Estradot I was told ‘below waist’ - I actually put mine on the top of my butt cheek  :)

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 05:25:44 PM »

I have found sticking them on my shin is the perfect solution!
This the first time having hairy legs is an advantage! They might stick better  :) (not used estrodot but couldn't get evorel patches to stay on).

Ladybird 2

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 07:38:58 AM »

Thank you uptick
for the update about Eastrodot, didn't see any information specifically about Femseven patches but it does say problems with manufacture of patches until 2021 - so will have continue with Femoston until then.

Uptick

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 09:00:14 PM »

Thank you uptick
for the update about Eastrodot, didn't see any information specifically about Femseven patches but it does say problems with manufacture of patches until 2021 - so will have continue with Femoston until then.

Hi Ladybird 2, this shortage is in Australia. As far as I know, Estradot is still available here.
I think I've read on another thread that FemSeven is supposed to be available end 2020, unless Covid19 and Brexit   disrupt manufacturing or logistics.

Ladybird 2

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 10:22:03 PM »

Thank you Uptick,
I spoke to a pharmacist today she said end of December but like you say - could be all sorts of delays, so now asked for Femoston 1 mg  again & hopefully wait for Femseven as it is safer even with a bit of sensitivity to adhesive - put patch on upper hip areas alternately.
Still getting sore boobs with both of these but a little less than most other progesterone treatments.
So good to share experiences together with all of you :)
LB

Uptick

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 04:59:31 PM »

You're welcome LB. Fingers crossed it will come back this year and with a different adhesive that doesn't cause you any sensitivity.

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2020, 09:22:01 AM »

Hi Ladies,

Estradot is once again unavailable in my area  :'( :'( I really struggle with the size and stickiness of the other patches, has anyone found a good alternative.

I have tried, estraderm, evorel and femseven is out of stock also.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Shell xx

Hi Shell

I was a long term Estradot user ie 12 years or something like that.  With the previous shortages I was changed to Estraderm which was absolute crap! Terrible huge things!

Then they changed me to Elleste Solo MX and these are brilliant! OK they only come in two strengths 40 and 80 but I have 80 cut down to my needs. They are bigger than Estradot but not like Estraderm and I find they stick well and all my symptoms are well controlled as they were on Estradot so I throroughly recommend them! I've been using them for maybe a year or more ( lost track of time this year!).

Hurdity  x

DarkAngel666

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2020, 11:06:04 PM »

Boots & Lloyd's around my way cannot get hold of Estradot, yet a small privately run pharmacy can.  Although they are restricted to how much they are allowed to order.  I've been allowed 4 months worth, with 2 months still on order.

I hope you manage to get some or find a good alternative