Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sore boobs with HRT  (Read 1897 times)

lizziejt

Sore boobs with HRT
« on: December 04, 2020, 01:13:56 PM »

Hi, I've had a bit of a journey with HRT and wanting some advice. I've been on  HRT about 10 years and I'm 57. I was on Femoston 2/10 until the meno clinic wanted me to change to patches, ended up with a mirena but I had hair loss so they took it out. I also had my patch dosage increased and I'm now on Estradot 75 and Utrogestan since late October. This regime seems to suit me so far, except I have morning nausea and sore boobs (one very sore!). Does anyone know whether 75mcg is very high and does it massively increase my breast cancer risk? I know there was a study that found continued breast soreness (after a few months?) increased the cancer risk. They have discharged me from the meno clinic and my GP has no clue about HRT. I had an estradiol blood test and it was 151 p/mol. I'm wondering if I should reduce to a 50mcg patch again?

dahliagirl

Re: Sore boobs with HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 01:35:38 PM »

I have been plagued with sore boobs on and off all the way through hrt.  I was on Femoston 2/10 and now conti 1/5.  The lower oestrogen helped a little bit.

I have been very careful to find well fitting bras in as natural a shape as I can for my size  which used to help, but one side was worse and itched.  So I tried some canesten cream I had left from when I thought I had thrush, and it does seem to have helped  :)   Either that, or 9 months of the conti lower dose.

lizziejt

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 01:43:28 PM »

Thanks Dahliagirl, I'm glad the lower dose seems to have helped a bit. I can bear it if it's just short term, but a bit worried about risk of a higher dose. They have also got bigger  ::) but  that's probably because of extra lockdown weight!!

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 04:30:46 PM »

Mine have got bigger.  I remember my mother saying it was the first time she had had much of a bust  ::) and she didn't take hrt, so it is certainly a thing in my family.

Gnatty

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 06:13:01 PM »

Isn't it the case that when you increase oestrogen you get heavy sore boobs but then they settle down?

lizziejt

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 06:25:44 PM »

Mine have got bigger.  I remember my mother saying it was the first time she had had much of a bust  ::) and she didn't take hrt, so it is certainly a thing in my family.

Well it's a bonus I guess 😄

lizziejt

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 06:27:08 PM »

Isn't it the case that when you increase oestrogen you get heavy sore boobs but then they settle down?

That's what I'm hoping, I think I'll give it another month or so and then see...