Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Period pains??  (Read 803 times)

Toffee3

• First Flush
Period pains??
« on: November 26, 2020, 03:40:42 PM »

Hi Im a new member and after some advice please.
My background is breast cancer aged 38, where my periods stopped during treatment.
I'm now 48 yrs old and Ive had regular 26-day-cycle periods for the last 6 years or so, however I am now 11 days late ( Im not pregnant)  and although I dont think Ive been suddenly plunged in to the menopause ?, my question is ..
 Is it normal to get period-pain cramping and yet no period?
  Ive had quite strong period pains for the past 11 days ,  yet nothing to show for it!

Thanks , Toffee  xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Period pains??
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 04:00:58 PM »

Hi!  Hormones  >:(  ::).  R the pains bad enough to take Nurofen or similar?

Mine waxed and waned for a few years.  I didn't have pain then though suffered throughout my menstruating years unless on the Pill.  Awful.  I would miss months then hey presto ! back they would be. 

Some find keeping a mood/symptom/food diary useful. 

Toffee3

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 08:33:18 PM »

Hi thanks for answering
Yeah i've started to take paracetamol/ibuprofen the last 2 days.  These wear off after about 2 hours though.
I just never thought about constant cramping before. Never really suffered it before.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 09:17:20 PM »

Both those medications should last at least 4 hours.  If this continues into next week, would you think to contact your GP?

Sparkler

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 06:37:47 AM »

Morning! In early peri I found my pmt and cramps would arrive at the ‘expected’ time and then I would stay like that until the bleed arrived. Sometimes this meant pmt and mild cramps for 2-3 weeks. It felt like my body was trying really hard to have a period but couldn’t quite make it.

Hope you feel better soon.
X

Toffee3

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 09:09:49 PM »

Thanks Sparkler,
The pains have pretty much gone today but still no bleed,  How you described it seems just right.  I'm going to have to carry a towel with me everywhere I go now, aren't I, golly.

CLKD,  yes I think I would go to my Gp  if the pains continued, but I avoided it because Ive not long seen my Gp about 3 weeks ago because I felt pressure down there, and she said all was okay,.

xx