Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estrogel  (Read 802 times)

Paz23

Estrogel
« on: November 25, 2020, 10:20:35 AM »

This is more of a moan than anything else - I’ve been in HRT gel (2 pumps) for a month now. I feel much better in myself, better mood, more energy, less anxious, also all my aches & pains have gone - these happened within a week of taking it.
But my night sweats have actually increased so I’m thinking I need more gel so I’ve upped it to 3 pumps. Omg there’s just so much of it - I don’t know about just my inner mid thigh, there’s enough for the whole thigh! And then the gel that ends up all over my hands just gets washed away.
I know I’ve not given it very long - there’s a reason I was given 3 months worth. I’m just impatient as I’m sick of waking up every night all hot & sweaty.
Dr said if HRT helps my symptoms after 3 months I can move into a patch. I’m just wondering if people find their absorption better or worse with a patch? It would better than this palaver with gel every morning.

sheila99

Re: Estrogel
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 02:37:19 PM »

You can put the extra pump on your outer arm/shoulder or apply it at night. I'm on 4 so I apply 1 on each thigh night and morning. We're all different, you may find a patch better or worse or just the same.

Harmony

Re: Estrogel
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 11:53:03 PM »

I'd split it to use it twice a day, so you use one pump one time, and two pumps the other. When I used it I used two pumps a day, and like you, found that was enough to disperse!