Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anyone else had this or similar??  (Read 1136 times)

menopausalalways

Anyone else had this or similar??
« on: November 18, 2020, 02:17:05 PM »

Hope someone out there can help ;o Have any other fellow MenoPausers had this? For some inexplicable reason I seem to be getting menopausal symptoms?? Didn't seem to get anything or much at all the first time round, but now I am having the odd night sweat, feeling of nausea, digestion and anxiety issues, UTI,s.
Got to be honest I thought I had it sussed the first time round and wondered what all the fuss was about- but obviously that was incorrect.
I've had a very, very stressful last 10 years. Husband lost his business, then we were evicted, had to store all of our belongings (some stuff still in storage) and rent a house. Then the owners of that house decided to sell it so we had to find somewhere else over a 100 miles away. Then the new landlord decided to triple the rent so we were on the move yet again. Removal van pinched from the drive.......  Stress after stress. MEGA Stress. The whole episode played havoc with any menstrual cycle I may have had and I just wondered if now I am slightly more settled the menopausal symptoms decided I needed a good kicking!
I have read that you can get menopausal symptoms years later. I am not on any medication - dont have a Dr as they aren't taking any new patients on whilst Covid is out there. I know that when levels of hormones are enjoying a game of handball round my body it can cause problems - so to cut a long story short - anyone else suffered similar?
Thanks for reading x

jaypo

Re: Anyone else had this or similar??
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 02:31:08 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum. Yes to all of your symptoms,they are all fairly common in meno I'm afraid. Stress can do horrible things to our body too,so you're no doubt having a double whammy .
Are your periods still regular? And how old are you?

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 02:31:32 PM »

Hello menopausalalways and welcome to the forum.

Can I ask what you mean by 'first time round'? Do you mean that you had some symptoms in the past but they resolved and now others have appeared?
I have been looking at Louise Newson's menopause site and she talks women who felt okay when their periods stopped but had symptoms of low hormones some time later.
We are all different and the range of menopausal experiences is huge apparently.

Hopefully some ladies who have felt as you do will be along to advise you.

Take care.

K.

menopausalalways

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 03:09:52 PM »

Hello to all and many, many thanks to your replies,
I'm 63 and had my last period when I was 60 (they have ALWAYS been erratic). Not having any periods now. When I had a Dr - she asked if I knew when my Mother had had her last period and that was when Ma was 61, (apparently my Gran had them until she was 63 as she had my Aunt when she was 57). and basically she just told me to get on with it and as that was around the time we were moving house, other than the frustration of the situation as far as I was concerned the only Meno symptom I had was being in a constantly GRUMPY mood - nothing else!
Didn't know there was anything I could take to help and as far as I can ascertain the local Dr's think you just get on with it and there is no female Dr there at the moment. PLus is there anything natural I can take as a child of a hyperchondriac I am a bit anti drugs  :o
Many thanks for all your help

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 05:06:03 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes.

It's The Change, does what it says on the tin  ::) and the hope is that your ex-GP will realise how stupid her words have been!  >:(

Some find it helpful to keep a mood/food/symptom diary.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 05:08:21 PM »

Hello Menopausalalways

Some of us unfortunates get the majority of our symptoms a few years after our last period. Infact I was three years post when I first tried HRT because my anxiety had been unrelenting for six months  ( horrible and constant jittering in my chest /abdomen). Do you know if your mother or grandmother had meno symptoms and how long they lasted?

Wishing you well.

K.

menopausalalways

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 02:51:50 PM »

Greetings Lovely Ladies
Hello Kathleen - my dear Old Ma has passed on now to cause havoc in heaven - so sadly cant ask her, although I do recall when she was going through the MISERY you needed a Hard Hat when you wanted to ask her anything - and usually she would forget to put the filling or butter in school sandwiches - lo and behold if you made any type of comment when you got home! Her main symptoms were ANNOYANCE/Sweating/Very heavy periods/Nausea - so much so she was sent for a hysterectomy which did help her and US :O) It jogged my memory that there usually was soda water in the fridge (digestive issues) Arrowroot biscuits(Nausea) Dark Chocolatefor the Magnesium - looking back it all becomes clear now............
She was still getting symptoms in her 60s and my Nanna was having them in her very late 60s
Birdy - all you can ask and I am glad I'm not the only one with symptoms years later - but wouldn't wish it on anyone else I suppose is that one day It will all PASS.....................roll on I say! Its just like another cruel trick the Misery likes to play on us!
Lovely to meet you all xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
STAY WELL!!!