Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hrt with endometriosis - has anyone been given this?  (Read 1496 times)

silverstar

Hrt with endometriosis - has anyone been given this?
« on: November 20, 2020, 10:13:41 AM »

Just an enquiry to ask if anyone has any knowledge of this please? I had a surgical menopause 9 years ago with endo present on my ovaries. Was given tibolone for a few years then asked to come off it because of risks. It didn’t do much anyway as it is very weak, just helped a bit with hot flushes. Well now I have hair loss, urinary problems, joint aches, very dry skin and tiredness and am desperate for hrt. From what I understand from research, hrt can be given with progesterone to lessen the risks. I want to ask my doc for it when I speak to them in a few weeks time, but have always been refused it in the past. Would like to hear if anyone has had any luck from their GP’s with this.
Thank you.

silverstar

Re: Hrt with endometriosis - has anyone been given this?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 12:32:36 PM »

Ooh thanks very much Belle1, very cross at my docs for refusing it! They seem pretty clueless when it comes to the menopause, one of the male doctors there told me to come off Ovestin vaginal cream too a few years ago as he said I may not need it anymore! As if my estrogen will magically come back after a full hysterectomy!
I will arm myself with as much info as possible and request it again. If they refuse I am going to go to Louise Newson privately as I don’t think she has any issues with prescribing it.
Thanks for replying x

Lou44

Re: Hrt with endometriosis - has anyone been given this?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 10:32:09 PM »

Hi Silverstar

That is outrageous. To just take you off Tibolone and give you nothing. You will need Tibolone or HRT if you're in surgical menopause unless there's specific reasons for you not being able to take it.

I'm 5. 5 years into surmeno and still struggling to balance HRT. Funnily enough, month 2 into trial of Tibolone.

Did you go private and get sorted!