Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utro causing sweats?  (Read 744 times)

Jane50

Utro causing sweats?
« on: November 22, 2020, 05:46:52 PM »

I've just been browsing around and have come across a few on here that find they're sweating more, night and day , on the utro phase.

Here's me thinking I needed more oestrogen. I'm already on 5 pumps and running out of limbs to spread it on!

So, how will I know if it's low oestrogen absorption or utro interfering??

The sweats have definitely got worse at night since I upped to 200mg vaginally. But also sweat when just on oestrogel...

What's a girl to do?

Jane50

Re: Utro causing sweats?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 06:13:27 PM »

Hi Birdy,

When I reduced back to 4 pumps I got anxiety, insomnia and grumpiness back. Also worse flushes in the day.

I had to increase the utro to counteract heavy, painful periods and this has worked but on the flip side I'm thinking the night sweats are worse.

Is utro particularly bad for night sweats does anyone know?

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 07:55:21 PM »

It sounds like you might not be absorbing the gel properly, have you had a blood test to check out your oestrogen levels?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 08:20:52 PM »

I agree it sounds more like you're not absorbing it very well.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 12:49:45 PM »

Hello Jane50

I came across a YouTube video of Liz Earle and she said that she uses 5 to 6 pumps of gel plus Utrogestan and testosterone. She has now switched to using a different type of gel applicator so that she is not slathered in gel everyday. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the product but a bit of Googling might help you.

Take care.

K.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 02:00:59 PM »

If you sweat only on the utro phase perhaps try a different progestin. If you sweat all the time it will be lack of oestrogen. Perhaps see if they will test your levels, if they're low you could change to a different form of oestrogen as you may absorb something else better. Do have any other medical condition or medication that might be interfering with it?

Jane50

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 02:19:48 PM »

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Yes, I think I'll try and get a blood test to see if I'm high or low oestrogen.

Also will give serious consideration to switching to an oestrogen patch instead.

The sweating is all the time but often worse on the utro. I'm not on any other medication or have any other condition ( that I know of!). Apart from the sweating, I seem to tolerate the utro well so nervous about changing to a different progesterone that might give yet more symptoms...

Really appreciate your responses everyone 😊