Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Menopause, HRT & Vertigo  (Read 1162 times)

Oliversut01

Menopause, HRT & Vertigo
« on: November 21, 2020, 08:52:34 AM »

Hi Everyone

I am 56 and have been post menopause since the age of 51, I have tried various forms of HRT over the last 3 years and currently on Progynova 100 patches and Micronised Progesterone tablets.  I have had these for around 6 months and still experience bleeding every 3 weeks or so. Every since hitting the menopause I have also had bouts of Positional Vertigo, especially when turning over at night and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this?
I am looking to change to tablet conti form of HRT to see if these may be better consistency, as I don't see how the patches can be the same at the beginning and the end - am I completely wrong about this?
Some advise would be great as I am not sure what path to go down.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause, HRT & Vertigo
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 08:58:58 AM »

Morning.  Vertigo is horrid.  I would wake in the morning and know ............ I didn't dare move for hours.  Your Pharmacist can suggest something to help.

MayB put the product name into the search box on the forum and see what pops up?  Make notes ;-)

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 10:17:40 AM »

Stugeron 2 tablets 3 times a day, I bang on about these but they really do work brilliantly,my Dr prescribed them for me when I had vertigo,couple of days in and it was gone. You can buy them over the counter,they are used for travel sickness

Oliversut01

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 01:50:20 PM »

Thank you for advise, it isn't all the time, just comes in waves about every month or so and lasts a few days. Was wondering if anyone thought this was hormone related?

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 02:28:25 PM »

Oh yes,one of the many symptoms of meno  :(

KarineT

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 03:27:09 PM »

Oliversut01, back in the spring of 2018, I started experiencing moderate to severe dizzinness.  I was 48 at the time and I was still having periods so I never associated it with the menopause.  It was terrible and at the time I really thought there was something seriously wrong with me medically and I started suffering with health anxiety.  I had various tests but they never found anything.  Thank God!  Then I read somewhere that dizzinness can be a symptoms of the menopause. I still get dizzy from time to time but it's nothing like what it used to be.

Oliversut01

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 06:56:59 AM »

Thank you for the replies, I just thought being on HRT it wouldn't have been a problem.   

CrispyChick

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 08:35:30 AM »

My first symptom of perimenopause. horrific.

I hope yours settles. X

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 10:50:41 AM »

It can be an inner ear problem. I had an infection 30 years ago and have it on and off ever since.

Baby

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 11:32:23 AM »

One of my first symptons too.