Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Does hormonal tiredness follow a pattern?  (Read 771 times)

Babspiglet

Does hormonal tiredness follow a pattern?
« on: February 26, 2021, 03:29:55 PM »

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help with this. I’ve been trying to understand and treat tiredness for a while. Does hormonal tiredness follow a pattern? I’ve noticed I get quite severe energy slumps most afternoons from around 2/3pm. They seem to come on like clockwork, no matter what I’m doing. I can be absorbed quite happily on the computer for example.  They’re also accompanied by palpitations. Does this sound hormonal? I’m about two weeks into a low dose of Femoston Conti regime so too soon to tell if it will help. The other thing that I give equal focus to is anxiety tiredness, which it could be, but I don’t always feel anxious.  It’s just the regularity with which it comes on at the same time everyday that makes me think it’s hormones. All blood results have been fine. I’m post-meno, 58. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does hormonal tiredness follow a pattern?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 03:42:25 PM »

Sounds like your body is hungry!  How is your diet overall?  MayB make a note for 3 days of what you eat and when?  I used to 'dip' between 4.00 and 4.30 p.m., difficult when driving!  I would feel so sick.  :-\

Slow release foods: bananas, fruits, nuts, slice of bread and butter .........

Hormone upheaval can cause problems with this too.

Babspiglet

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 03:51:02 PM »

Thanks CLKD. It could be dietary related. Food timings etc. I’ll keep a note. I think lockdown has disrupted a lot of regular habits I used to observe and it hasn’t helped. You’re suggesting, I think, it could be hormonal too it seems.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 04:14:58 PM »

4 me it certainly was: during peri I would get a sudden dip so bad that I would feel really really sick.  Even though I was eating regular meals.  I suppose that knowing that I had to drive on a very busy A road with no lay-bys should I need to pull off didn't help = burnt energy.

The dip would occur 10-12 days prior to a bleed.  I could be anywhere; behind the wheel, in a shop, walking the dog ....... awful!  I was advised by NAPS to eat every 3 hours, even in the night  ;)

Babspiglet

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 05:59:57 PM »

That sounds awful. I really hope things have improved since!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 06:03:14 PM »

Once I began eating every 3 hours - in the 1990s - things improved.  Something I keep up to this day!

Babspiglet

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 06:35:14 PM »

I think I’m going to give your method a try and stock up on bananas and nuts. It could be low blood sugar. Thanks for the inspiration CLKD!

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 10:04:06 PM »

Let us know how you get on?

Any slow release foods will help.  The idea is to spread food throughout 24 hours, not add to the diet  ;D and to eat B4 the body requires nourishment.