Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Strange question about Estradot patches  (Read 838 times)

helenmelon

Strange question about Estradot patches
« on: November 17, 2020, 06:41:43 PM »

Hi Ladies,

So, I’ve was in Estradot 75 for a long time and they were great, no problems at all. Then the shortage struck and everyone on patches in my GP practice was moved onto Gel. Firstly Sandrena but I was apparently allergic to it, came out in a red itchy rash. So went on Estrogel, was ok for about 2 months then, flushes, mood changes, hair dropped out etc.

So 3 months ago saw another GP not my regular one he said Estradot was back so I switched again, all was well after about 4 weeks but now my surgery who dispense my drug due to rural location say they are still on order! I’ve run out again now!

So, here’s the question I have some 37.5 mcg ones and I put two on, but I got really sore breasts and still a bit tender even though I’ve now out on a 37.5 plus a 25 ( had a few spares) could I have absorbed more estrogen having 2x37.5 than my usual 75?? I know it sounds weird but everytime I increased previously I had the same problem and can only think it’s an increase in absorption??

Any ideas??
Thank you x

Hurdity

Re: Strange question about Estradot patches
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 08:39:28 AM »

Your post got missed!

Has the discomfort settled yet? It's difficult to say what's causing what. If you are post-menopausal then you can't blame your own hormones, but if still peri then this could be an explanation. If all the patches are within date there should be no variation in dose theoretically. Hopefully you will arrive at a combo wehere you feel comfortable!

Hurdity x

helenmelon

Re: Strange question about Estradot patches
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 09:46:45 AM »

Hi Hurdity, thanks for your reply.

Yes, my boob pain has got better but I’m now experiencing some very light pink spotting, a tiny amount, this also happened in September (may have also in October but I’m not sure)when I went back on Estradot 75. It’s as if I’m having a period, sore boobs, a bit of backache and low down tummy tenderness but without a normal flow.

I rang the GP on Tuesday and went in and she had a look around, Mirena is still in place, everything looks healthy and she said she’d refer me for an ultrasound to check the lining thickness, I’ve been here before and had a hysteroscopy before I went on HRT, I’ve also previously had UFE for a large and some small fibroids, which worked and shrunk them to nothing.

But I’m wondering this time whether it’s because I’ve had months of not absorbing the estrogel and it’s almost like starting HRT a again and the pink spotting is a result of this??  I’m hoping this is the reason! The GP said, ultrasound first, if all ok, give it a couple of months to see if it settle and if not hysteroscopy  :

Fingers crossed it’s nothing, but my memo brain is overthinking it  :)