Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Pain in right side  (Read 1475 times)

emmorolo

Pain in right side
« on: November 16, 2020, 03:42:39 PM »

Hi all
I’m going through the menopause and there are loads of things that are happening to me that I just put down to age  and going through menopause
Aches and pains,itchy ness in my nether regions, clumsiness etc etc

But I’ve just began to have a a dull ache about a hands width from below my right breast on my right hand side...it comes and goes....it started when I had my 2nd to last period about three months and went now I’ve just had a period about a week ago and it’s stayed....it goes from mild not really noticeable to aching when I breathe in or catching me unawares when I stretch.
Has anyone had anything like this ..is this another menopause thing .....anyone had this .?

sheila99

Re: Pain in right side
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 05:25:27 PM »

Is it possible you pulled a muscle? I pulled an intercostal some years ago and it hurt when I breathed in.

emmorolo

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 06:12:17 PM »

Well I’m not sure , I have become very clumsy this last year though..

And I feel fine apart from the menopausal aches and pains....I just don’t recall hurting myself in that area..

I just didn’t know wether it was another menopausal thing of if i should go doctors...

Thanks for replying I give it a while see if it gets better

Cat71

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 08:20:55 PM »

Hmmm I think I had similar a little while ago. There felt like there was something stuck under my right bottom rib and sometimes I had weird bubbling sensations there too. Most peculiar! Sometimes I’d feel it if I stretched too. My gp said it was acid. It went away when I started a healthy eating programme with Noom 7 weeks ago. I’ve lost a stone in weight so far (1.5 to go). I suffered with gas / acid and heartburn before and it’s all almost gone.

Lyncola

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 09:29:41 AM »

Hi emmorolo,

I get that silly pain under the rib usually on my right side, it can be on my left. For a couple of months it gets bad. The goes back to just the old stabbing pain. I’ve been premenopausal now for two years and had the rib problem for about 18 months.

Last Christmas I hurt my rib by doing stupid exercise on YouTube. Had constant bad pain for 6 weeks.
I’ve had X-rays and MRI on my ribs plus seen a rheumatologist. Apart when I pulled my muscle exercising no one can tell me what the problem is. I just put it down to menopause, my rib pain is just one off many, the joys of menopause  :(

emmorolo

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 11:21:46 PM »

Thanks for replying everyone I appreciate it....it’s reassuring to know that this symptom is not just me and that it has happened to others....

Now I know it could be ANOTHER ☹️ menopause related thing I’m not as worried but I will keep an eye on things.....

And Well done cat71 for losing weight....👍

Cat71

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 11:45:08 PM »

Thanks Emmorolo... I hope you’ve had an improvement with the pain now ❤️