Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT not working  (Read 1036 times)

Happy girl

HRT not working
« on: November 13, 2020, 07:35:53 AM »

Have had a horrible night with burning around either urethra/ clitrous  ( not sure what part ) Thought I had finally got this under control after starting HRT patches over a month ago but symptoms are starting to return . Prior to patches I had tried ovestin and Vagifem with only the odd week of feeling pain free . I can’t bare the thought of this all starting up again. It’s now nearly 7 months since my symptoms first started . Is there anything else I could be doing ? I haven’t seen my doctor , her diagnosis has been made from my description of symptoms and now worried she has got this wrong . Thanks in advance .

GetStuffedPeri

Re: HRT not working
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 01:48:10 PM »

Hi Happy Girl

What patches are you on?

Happy girl

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 06:53:06 PM »

Hi I’m on Evorel conti . Do you think there is better HRT ? Don’t understand why it seemed to work so well for 3 weeks then stopped

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 05:10:24 PM »

Hi happy girl

Sorry to hear about your symptoms. If you're saying you are just on patches but not on any vaginal treatement - then the next step is to take this AS WELL as the systemic HRT. Many women ( including myself) need both to feel comfortable. The Evorel conti should not make any discomfort worse but the increased levels of oestrogen in your body should improve it - but as I said - if not - then please do seek some vaginal treatement too. Also, but I'm not an expert but maybe some sort of vaginal moisturiser?  Do check out posts by Maryjane and also in the private lives section "The Burning Club" a long-running thread which might have  some useful tips. Also on the main menu for the website there are various articles etc on vaginal issues and treatments.

Here are a few magazine articles:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/article59%20vaginal%20estrogen.pdf
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/pdf/article-gsm-issue44.pdf
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-vaginal-atrophy.php

Hurdity x

Happy girl

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 09:14:53 PM »

Hi Hurdity,
Thank you for these links .  Hopefully my doctor will give me a prescription for Vagifem . . I had previously used Ovestin which I felt was burning me so changed to Vagifem . Two weeks on Vagifem there wasn’t much difference so my doctor suggested the patches. . When I started the patches I felt a great  improvement for a few weeks but symptoms are back, though , not as bad as before . Hopefully adding in Vagifem will help .  Thanks  for your advice x