Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hrt and endometrium  (Read 729 times)

Juljam2

Hrt and endometrium
« on: November 14, 2020, 06:49:01 PM »

I’m on hrt oestrogel and utergestan ( progesterone 100mg I’m 60 .
I had some pm bleeding and hence a tv scan and hysteroscope yesterday for some endometrial thickening and a biopsy. My question is if it come back fine will I be ok to continue on my hrt or are they likely to recommend I stop ? It be gutted btw

Katejo

Re: Hrt and endometrium
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 07:10:12 PM »

I’m on hrt oestrogel and utergestan ( progesterone 100mg I’m 60 .
I had some pm bleeding and hence a tv scan and hysteroscope yesterday for some endometrial thickening and a biopsy. My question is if it come back fine will I be ok to continue on my hrt or are they likely to recommend I stop ? It be gutted btw
  I had bleeding caused by using Evorel Conti patches so was pushed into having a hysteroscopy in May. Fortunately the lining was so thin that they couldn't get a biopsy. I was then allowed to continue the patches. I am 57.

Juljam2

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 07:42:38 PM »

Thank you for that. Mine was a bit thicker than should be . I’m conscious my gp isn’t keen on me continuing and will be looking for an excuse to take me off it so I’m a bit nervous .

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 08:42:45 PM »

Perhaps a mirena would keep your lining thin and allow you continue taking oestrogen? If your gp won't play ball you could ask for a referral to a meno clinic, they seem to be better at letting older women stay on hrt than some GPS.