Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Appointment in 3 months?  (Read 777 times)

pricey

Appointment in 3 months?
« on: November 14, 2020, 01:18:58 PM »

Hi ladies,

I posted recently about my ongoing bleeding and how I had a scan a month ago. Endometrium was ok. A couple of small fibroids were visualised and 'something' in my cervix which my GP wasn't concerned about as she said the imaging suggested a polyp or possibly clotting from the heavy bleed I was having. She did say if it was a polyp then this could account for my breakthrough bleeds and ongoing heavy loss. She said she would refer me non urgently for hysteroscopy and I could think about having the mirena at the same time.
I have got my appointment through for 3 months time.  I haven't had a period since my heavy norethisterone withdrawal bleed a month ago, but anxiety, low mood, sore breasts and cramps this last week along with very light spotting, on one occasion after sex, but also not as it's intermittent.  I certainly feel hormonal! I'm just a bit concerned about the three month wait. I'm an overthinker and am worried what if it isn't a polyp, or if it is and it's symptomatic is a 3 month wait ok? I've never had an abnormal smear.  My last one was 4 years ago but I've moved on to 5 yearly at 55. On the other hand I feel ok to wait because I still suspect my symptoms coincided with reducing and stopping HRT over 4 or 5 months, so I'd like to see if things settle. Also the appointment letter stated 'nurse' under consultant and no explanation other than an accompanying leaflet with hysteroscopy circled... it would have been nice to discuss this with a human! Life is really stressful at the moment, but if I continue to worry I think I'll get in touch with my GP. In the meantime, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for listening.
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Appointment in 3 months?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 04:20:01 PM »

Your GP doesn't consider this as a problem, she's referred you for a non-urgent referral. Could you take a cancellation appt.?  MayB ring the dept and discuss how long it is really like to take to be seen and ask if there is a cancellation system in place?  It may mean dropping everything .....

sheila99

Re: Appointment in 3 months?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 04:31:24 PM »

If they had the slightest suspicion it was anything sinister they'd get you back in a couple of weeks. Try not to worry.