Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Health insurance and private treatment  (Read 921 times)

honeyblossom

Health insurance and private treatment
« on: November 14, 2020, 12:36:15 PM »

Hi there,
Has anyone managed to finagle getting a health insurance to pay for seeing a consultant about hrt? I have really good cover but they will only pay for me to see a gp for it’s they say it’s a primary care issue 🙄  although they did pay for me to have a d and C to rectify the issue caused by my hrt regime.
I really want to see prof Studd or Nick Panay.
Is there a specific way of wording it to the insurance people? I have Cigna via work.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Health insurance and private treatment
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 04:13:37 PM »

Many Insurance Policies state that one has to approach a GP in the first instance to make sure that the appt. is actually necessary.

I would ring up the Dept that you would like to be seen in and ask the costs of an appt., also how they deal with Cigna.  It may be too that your Company have put a clause on that doesn't cover Menopause.  When I was in a company scheme, because so many employees used the psychological services privately, it was cut from the Policy. Go figure  ::)

scrubdub

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 10:27:47 PM »

When I enquired to my private health cover which was Vitality,they didn't cover menopause treatment. We have just changed over to Bupa and it's the same on that!
It's a shame that some companies don't do something extra like menopause cover -I'd happily pay it.

KarineT

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 10:39:21 PM »

Private medical insurance usually don't cover for menopause.  I knew someone who had an expensive medical cover and yet she could not claim for menopause issues.  This is probably because the symptoms caused by the menopause can be ongoing, often requiring long-term treatment plans.