Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Fexofenadine  (Read 1503 times)

Pumpkin55

Fexofenadine
« on: November 12, 2020, 07:12:41 PM »

Has anyone been on fexofenadine for menopausal symptoms like itching and urticaria? Is it better than cetirizine (zirtex) or  chlorphenamine (piriton)?

Salad

Re: Fexofenadine
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 07:26:29 PM »

My mum has been prescribed this for Uraemic Pruritis - my thought is, it’s stronger than some of the other antihistamines. It seems to be working well for her.

Pumpkin55

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 07:50:44 PM »

My mum has been prescribed this for Uraemic Pruritis - my thought is, it’s stronger than some of the other antihistamines. It seems to be working well for her.

Thanks that’s encouraging :-)

CrispyChick

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 09:23:21 AM »

I was on it for years for my various allergies, works OK for me. I stopped because I was getting dry sinuses, although think it might have been the nose spray I was also using.

Evie606

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 12:57:39 PM »

Yes I was given it 2 years ago for unexplained breakouts of burning, itching hives which spread all over my body.
I didn’t link it to perimenopause at the time but I know now that was a symptom.
It does cause you to be a bit sleepy but is much more effective than over the counter meds. I had no adverse effects.

:)

Pumpkin55

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 01:14:38 PM »

Yes I was given it 2 years ago for unexplained breakouts of burning, itching hives which spread all over my body.
I didn’t link it to perimenopause at the time but I know now that was a symptom.
It does cause you to be a bit sleepy but is much more effective than over the counter meds. I had no adverse effects.

:)

Thanks so much! Just got a prescription for it :-)

Nairn

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 08:07:13 PM »

Yes, take 180mg daily for inflamed skin problems down there -have been for years - really works  - prescribed by dermatologist.  It’s expensive tho so a lot of GPs won’t prescribe

Pumpkin55

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 09:39:34 PM »

Thanks for all the responses. Did/do you always take your fexofenadine before a meal? Was just about to pop one before bed but saw in the leaflet you had to take it like that? Or is it not really necessary?

Nairn

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 06:55:44 AM »

I take them anytime