Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi insomnia and anxiety  (Read 743 times)

Emma Brown

• First Flush
Evorel Sequi insomnia and anxiety
« on: November 15, 2020, 07:17:03 AM »

Hi all! I'm a newbie here so thanks for having me 😊 I'm 50 years old and in peri. I've had a longstanding anxiety disorder for which I take citalopram but in the last couple of years my changing hormones have been too much for the citalopram to combat. My doc put me on Evorel Sequi a month ago. Am having insomnia and anxiety on the conti patches. Any advice?

Wrensong

Re: Evorel Sequi insomnia and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 11:05:58 AM »

Hi Emma  :welcomemm:  It may be that the norethisterone in Evorel sequi isn't right for you if your symptoms come during the combi phase of the pack.  Standard advice is to try to persevere for 3 months with any new form of HRT to allow the body time to adjust, unless symptoms are intolerable or you really feel it is not right for you. 

Some of us unfortunately do find the various forms of progesterone have the effects you are experiencing, while others find them sedating.  For instance I can't tolerate Utrogestan which makes me horribly wired, but many women find the opposite - that's it's too sedating for them.

If you continue to feel unwell on it I suggest you ask to try an alternative.  Many of us have to try a few types to find our best fit, so please don't feel disheartened.  Keep posting  :)