Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Anyone Else Have Something in Common With an Ex Rock Chic!  (Read 728 times)

Kathleen

Anyone Else Have Something in Common With an Ex Rock Chic!
« on: November 16, 2020, 05:40:23 PM »

Hello ladies.

I subscribe to the menopause site run by Meg Matthews (ex rock chic and one time wife of Noel Gallagher).

In her latest article she talks about overcoming alcoholism and says that when she was fifty and at an AA meeting she told the group that she felt out of sorts. She said that she was like a box of frogs, wasn't sleeping, was often angry and was crying all the time. She added that if this was life when sober she might as well go back to drinking.

After the meeting she was approached by a woman who told her that she was likely menopausal. They exchanged phone numbers and  after a two hour chat Meg  went to see her GP. She says that this encounter
prompted her to set up her website and help other women who were going through the same thing.

When I read this I was reminded how wonderful our own MM site is. It also made me think that even a wild child of the eighties and a sixty four year old housewife can have something in common because her meno symptoms are just like mine lol!

Take care ladies.

K.

Sparrow

Re: Anyone Else Have Something in Common With an Ex Rock Chic!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 05:54:55 PM »

Good post Kathleen.

The meno is certainly very democratic.

Kathleen

Re: Anyone Else Have Something in Common With an Ex Rock Chic!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 01:12:59 PM »

Hello Shadyglade

Thanks for that and yes, the meno doesn't discriminate.

I think it was on a Liz Earle video that I heard a similar story about Oprah Winfrey. Apparently she started to experience palpitations and went to see the best cardiologists and had every test under the sun. She kept getting the all clear but the palpitations persisted. One day a woman she was interviewing mentioned that palpitations were a symptom of the menopause and Oprah stopped her in her tracks. The penny dropped and Oprah set off to get some HRT. It beggars belief that not one health professional had made the connection before!

Take care.

K.