Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Starting femoston 1/10  (Read 793 times)

CrispyChick

Starting femoston 1/10
« on: November 12, 2020, 09:11:33 AM »

Any advice gratefully received.

I have my prescription. My symptoms are ultra bad at the mo, so I'm pretty desperate. I believed I should start the HRT on the day of my next period???  The leaflet doesn't help - it just says femoston 1/10 is for postmenopausal woman?!?! Odd. I defo have the right ones, half a pack are white, half grey, so defo sequential.

Anyway, just wondering if I do indeed need to wait for my next period before starting??? Thanks x

Itwillpass

Re: Starting femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 10:02:14 AM »

Morning CrispyChick yes you need to take the first tablet the day you start your next period :) I was on femoston 2/10 as still having periods. Unfortunately only stayed on it for 6 weeks as upset my tummy but really hope it helps you, I know all about the desperation x

NicolaJ

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 08:18:27 PM »

Hi! I’m just about to finish my third packet of Femeston 1/10. I hadn’t had a period for about four months and I was told just to start taking them. I am still peri menopausal and I was confused about this wording too. I have kept a diary of my symptoms throughout and have now settled. I have been very lucky. My worst symptom has been indigestion and heart burn but I discovered chai and licorice tea which has been a life saver and stopped the side effect. Good luck

aishy

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 03:30:05 AM »

Hi to all (I’m new here)
I’ve been on Femoston, I can’t remember the dosage, for about 3 years now and it was a life changer for me

The hot flushes went away quite quickly after starting it as well as some of the other symptoms too

It also helped a bit with v dryness etc

I’ve also just started using the Estring, of which I’ll make a separate post about