Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New Information for Me from Louise Newson  (Read 1260 times)

Kathleen

New Information for Me from Louise Newson
« on: November 18, 2020, 08:19:54 PM »

Hello Ladies.

Like many of us I have been on this meno journey for too long but it seems that it's never too late to learn something new.

I have been watching interviews with Louise Newson and she mentioned a meno symptom that I had never heard of before. She said some women felt the need to withdraw socially at this time in their lives and this resonated with me as I am much happier on my own than I ever used to be.

I also watched a Liz Earle video and she said that symptoms come and go according to constantly changing oestrogen levels which is obvious really. It struck me that when I suddenly feel better it may not  mean that I'm finally coming out the other side but instead, even as an older post meno woman, my oestrogen levels are still rising and falling. This would explain why the good times are often followed by less good times when levels drop again, indeed I still notice ups and downs during the course of a day and I am ten years post meno!

I'm sure many of you already know all this but it was only when I saw these videos that the penny dropped for me. As I say, it's never too late to learn!

Wishing you well ladies.

K.

Jeepers

Re: New Information for Me from Louise Newson
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 08:51:39 PM »

That’s really interesting Kathleen, I’ve often wondered if our hormones still fluctuate post menopausally( is that a word?), as symptoms still come and go for me, even on hrt. It hasn’t been the silver bullet I was hoping for.

I’ll check out the videos,  :-*

Thank you

Jeepers xx

KarineT

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 09:11:28 PM »

Hello,

Thanks for the post Kathleen.

So it could be nonsense when they say that hormones stay permanently low in menopause but they are stable.  If they were stable then there would be no fluctuation and therefore no more symptoms   I'm very confused with all this.

Karine

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 09:55:03 PM »

Hello again ladies.

KarineT - I agree that it is confusing. I think Liz Earle was making the point that oestrogen declines in fits and starts rather than at a nice predictable way. This would mean it is possible to have higher then lower levels throughout a 24 hour period regardless of how much total oestrogen you have left.

Incidentally she is 57 and is using 5 to 6 pumps of Oestrogel daily, one capsule of Utrogestan orally at night, one pea sized blob ot testosterone and Vagifem as well. It seems like a lot but she does look good on it! She said she started on HRT because she wasn't sleeping and having lots of headaches as well as other symptoms.

I think the more public personalities talk about their meno the better and we can all benefit from what they have experienced.

Take care ladies.

K.

Wrensong

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 11:53:16 AM »

Hi Karine
So it could be nonsense when they say that hormones stay permanently low in menopause but they are stable.  If they were stable then there would be no fluctuation and therefore no more symptoms

It's thought that some of the worst symptoms are due to the major fluctuations we experience in peri, so that the more stable state postmenopause means some of these may ease or disappear.

But postmenopause we may continue to experience a variety of troublesome symptoms & less obvious, insidious effects (such as reduction in bone density) relating to the new, lower levels of sex hormones.  And as you'll know from the forum, some women only really start to be significantly troubled by symptoms at that stage.

CherrySG

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 03:59:59 PM »

Hello Ladies.

Like many of us I have been on this meno journey for too long but it seems that it's never too late to learn something new.

I have been watching interviews with Louise Newson and she mentioned a meno symptom that I had never heard of before. She said some women felt the need to withdraw socially at this time in their lives and this resonated with me as I am much happier on my own than I ever used to be.

K.

That is really interesting! I've become like this too, as was my mother at this age. I like a little company but really quite happy to do things on my own. I'd thought it was an only child thing, but then I was much more social when younger. Glad it's not just me.  :)