Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Depression and hrt  (Read 2770 times)

Nairn

Re: Depression and hrt
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2020, 08:02:19 AM »

The Evoril conti patches caused me to become severely depressed, anxious and very tearful - together with a number of other physical symptoms, such a shame as they work well for so many ladies.  For me it was the progesterone intolerance, however if you decide to stop/switch then gradually reduce - I stopped suddenly and it got much worse rather than better for a number of weeks.   Switched to Femonston conti which is much better for me - however everyone is so different so it’s what suits you best.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 09:56:38 AM »

MayB take it a little earlier Latte21?

KarineT

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2020, 01:37:35 PM »

Sorry Latte to hear about your issue.  I wish I could suggest something to you but, I, myself, sometimes feel at a loss when I get down and anxious on a frequent basis. Do you know what stage of the menopause you're at? Are you still having periods?  You see, sometimes I think it's not fair on us, women, to have to go through this nonsense but I believe that the body, at a given time, has to adjust to a lower level of hormones for things to settle.  I cannot imagine that a permanently low level of oestrogen & progesterone has the capacity to make us depressed for the rest of our lives. Anyway I should hope not.

Latte21

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2020, 11:22:24 PM »

Yea still having periods but very erratic. This month for example I’m having all the usual pmt symptoms but nothing as yet 10days late. Some months I have nothing others it’s lasts 2 weeks.   I’m actually wondering if it’s the darker mornings causing the morning depression??  Never noticed it before but seems to have been so much worse the last couple of weeks after the clocks changed. Maybe the low estrogen combined with easing into Citalopram I’m noticing it more xx
Pages: 1 [2]