Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hormonal changes brought on by the menopause  (Read 728 times)

KarineT

Hormonal changes brought on by the menopause
« on: November 09, 2020, 09:19:07 PM »

I was reading an article on A. Vogel as I've subscribed to their newsletter about the menopause and it's very interesting.  I could not believe how many health issues the menopause can bring.  From high blood pressure to heart disease and diabetes.  I find it hard to believe that low oestrogen could be the culprit of these health issues and I always associated them with ageing.  Menopause is not fun at all.  It's a real shame that we, women, cannot continue to produce our own oestrogen naturally until the end of our lives. Now I can see why most of you on here don't want to give up HRT.

Mary G

Re: Hormonal changes brought on by the menopause
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 11:58:47 AM »

It's a fault in the design of the female body.  Oestrogen acts like a control centre for many vital bodily functions and in an ideal world,  women should stop being fertile but still produce enough hormones to keep things working properly.  Obviously this is not what happens hence the need for HRT. 

If you can find the right HRT regime there is no reason why you should not get back to normal and feel the same as you did pre menopause but it can take a long time, it took me several years.

Don't be afraid HRT, it's no different from taking thyroid medication if you need it and not only does it relieve menopause symptoms, it is a preventative medicine.