Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Spotting or light Period ? Very Worried!  (Read 1185 times)

mk94

Spotting or light Period ? Very Worried!
« on: October 27, 2020, 04:53:24 PM »

New to this forum.

I'm 55 and have always had very heavy periods with lots of clots but they started changing at the beginning of 2020. They would last forever. I thought I was dying. My last period was at the end of July so I thought I've entered into menopause, Great!  But lately, I've been having a lot of lower back pain and now yesterday I started to have cramping pain in the pelvic area mostly on my right side. Now I woke up to light bleeding or spotting. It's mostly light red/pink.  I'm freaking out!! Is this a period or is this something more serious?  I suffer from health anxiety so my first worry is Cancer  :o I'm also terrified of seeing doctors. haven't been in years.
I've always had lower back pains and pelvic pain mostly on my right side on and off for years too but it always came and went so I never worried about it until now. So scared  :'(

mk94

Re: Spotting or light Period ? Very Worried!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 05:10:49 PM »

Anyone??  I'm spiralling down a very dark hole of panic. Please help  :'(

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 06:11:11 PM »

Any reason to think it isn't a period? The last one was only 3 months ago and you're certainly not too old. I still have them at 59 though irregular, some people are early 60s before they reach meno. I think it's unlikely to be cancer. I've had pre-cancerous changes and had bright red spotting between periods, no pain or cramps. And breathe...

mk94

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 08:58:50 PM »

thanks for the reply Sheila

I made the mistake of asking Dr. Google what light pink discharge/period would be and it scared me.  So now I don't know if it's ovarian, cervical or uterine cancer. I guess if I didn't have any lower back and pelvic pain wouldn't be as worried but those 3 symptoms together are scaring me. I'm at the age of getting cancer and it's scaring me so bad I can't think straight

pricey

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 07:05:20 AM »

How are you doing now, mk94? I'm having all sorts of issues and almost 56. It's easy to think the worst, especially with Dr Google to hand.

Hope you're ok.

X