Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alternatives to Vagifem?  (Read 6491 times)

shrosphirelass

Re: Alternatives to Vagifem?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 05:43:31 PM »

I went on HRT mainly because of awful hormonal headaches / migraines and since being on a continuous regime they are much improved. I've used vagifem and estriol cream and neither have made my headaches worse, but my body was already used to having additional hormones in my system before I used them.

KaraShannon

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2020, 01:25:43 AM »

Thanks for all the replies, I'll come back and reply properly this weekend, just got home and it's very late as I type. 

I'll reply properly Sat or Sun.  :)

Js

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2020, 07:55:54 AM »

Hi uptick clkd catcc

Thanks for all your feedback it’s helpful hearing from other women and their experiences. I am on migraine prescription relief have tried preventatives and nothing worked really . I have had migraines all my life and going on hrt I thought might have helped but it hasn’t but it has helped with the hot sweats But migraines are very debilitating and I do anything to avoid them so if using the vagifam is going to add to them I will not want to use it . Using a. Non hormonal cream I suppose would be the way but does it work as well as I’m 61 I am due a smear test the last one apparently so I need to sort something out so I can have it done without pain

Js

Uptick

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2020, 04:13:53 PM »

Hi Js, try estriol cream, it's not as strong as estradiol (Vagifem) and it works for many women. Hope you're not having migraines, keep us posted.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2020, 04:18:26 PM »

Tnx Uptick.  I wouldn't survive if I suffered migraines  :-\

KaraShannon

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2020, 12:59:15 AM »

Hi all

I've been referred to a physiotherapist and told to continue with the vagifem at a level I can handle, I've been on it every other day since I last posted, I'm noticing a bit of ringing in the head tonight, but it's mild, so it might be that I have to do 3 on one week and then 2 on another and alternate, to give my head a rest, lol. 

I seem to be feeling teary and old this week.  I think its all the issues with my body that are more the problem than just my chronological age.  So much fatigue, muscles are not strong, etc.  I do feel the evorel sequi has staved off a lot of that and I do feel better on it, but I wonder if I need a different HRT.  I vaguely remember the doctor said evorel sequi was a mild HRT for women who are still in peri.  So wondering if I need to move onto something else. 

Just rambling  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 09:09:52 AM »

You ramble.

MayB put the product name into the search box to see what pops up, make notes.

It's the Trial and Error that can be so tiring.
Pages: 1 [2]