Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Anger!!  (Read 835 times)

Bevey

Anger!!
« on: October 31, 2020, 02:25:45 PM »

I am just wondering if anyone out there is dealing with extreme anger in perimenopause without any provocation?! I have just come off of two weeks of feeling like my best self, only to descend into fits of rage that I do my best to contain. I usually just scream quietly (when possible) or try to distract myself, but this is NOT fun to deal with!

The weird thing is that I have NEVER been an angry person, so this is very uncharacteristic of me.

My periods are all over the place spanning 17 to 101 days.

Please share your experiences to let me know that I am not alone in this:)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anger!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 02:28:54 PM »

You're not alone!   I would have rages pre-menstrually.  Things that didn't bother me would suddenly B the biggest issues IN THE WORLD  :-\.  To the point that I would throw items, though never anything valuable as well as kicking into doors in sheer temper.   :o

I've always been ratty though but rages took over.  There was no way I could control them and DH would laugh which made it worse. 

Hormones   :(

Gnatty

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 02:50:44 PM »

Hi Bevey, the anger was one of the symptoms that led me to HRT! And thankfully it was one of the first symptoms to be alleviated....

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 03:52:12 PM »

Yes, me too. There was only one advantage for me, I was able to tell the gp exactly what I thought when I'd finally worked out I felt so sh*t because of peri  :o  (57 at the time but no hot flushes =no menopause)

Bevey

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 03:53:21 AM »

Thanks CLKD! I appreciate your honesty. At times, I have felt that I could literally tear my house apart in rage. Even spilling something in the kitchen can cause me to lose control, when my hormones are raging. Thankfully, my spouse is incredibly understanding and compassionate. He always tells me, "Don't worry, honey, there is nothing that you could do or say that I couldn't handle". Sometimes, I just scream and scream and cry, and then moments or hours or a couple of days later, I am as happy as a clam! I wouldn't wish this on anyone!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 08:24:41 AM »

'happy as a clam' ..........  8)

It was when DH laughed  >:( that I became angrier and angrier and ............