Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Kliovance Confusion!  (Read 1113 times)

Pinkwindsor21

Kliovance Confusion!
« on: October 28, 2020, 08:00:59 PM »

Last year I had one period and this year my last proper period was in April. I had every menopausal symptom going and had tried patches but was taken off them as I am allergic to the adhesive and the GP at the time didn't agree with his colleague that I should have had them in the first place as I wasn't a year out of no periods  :-\

Anyway, due to my symptoms, another GP prescribed Kliovance which I have been taking for 2 weeks. Am I supposed to feel this terrible? I have constant headaches, tinnitus, nausea but above all, really bad mood swings! My poor husband is really going through the mill!!  :o

What should I do? Come off them as I felt better due to no mood swings and put up with the night sweats etc? Or keep going!!

Pinkwindsor21

Re: Kliovance Confusion!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 08:06:07 PM »

Should have added that I'm 53!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 09:31:24 PM »

Hi Pinkwindsor21. Sorry you are feeling so horrible on Kliovance. It didn't suit me either! The advice is to allow at least three months for your body to get used to each HRT you try. However, the progesterone element in Kliovance is Norethisterone which is well known for causing irritability and PMT type symptoms in some women (me included). If you do decide to change before the three months is up then it is worth looking at the different HRT's listed here https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php taken from the Treatments section on this site. Femoston is well tolerated by a lot of women it seems and the progesterone is different to the one you are on.

You will see that the advised age for beginning Kliovance or any continuous HRT is 54, or one year since your last period, but lots of doctors do prescribe from age 53.

Don't despair - there are others to try but it does take a while to find the right one.

Taz x  :)

Pinkwindsor21

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 01:56:24 PM »

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply Taz2!  :-*

I am so relieved to read your reply and to learn about the progesterone element. Not sure that the GP should have really put me on it as my last period was April. I'm also relieved to see alternatives to it!

Sending a bug hug to say thank you  :)

Cat71

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 07:52:21 PM »

Hiya ... sorry to hear you’re having a tough time. I have all of those symptoms and I’m not on any kind of HRT. I’m going to try and ride it through unless it becomes totally unbearable. My last period was 6 months ago (apart from a tiny amount of brown sticky stuff this month). Sorry if TMI! I’m 49 (50 in June next year). The worst thing is not knowing how many years more you’re going to suffer 😢

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 10:54:35 PM »

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply Taz2!  :-*

I am so relieved to read your reply and to learn about the progesterone element. Not sure that the GP should have really put me on it as my last period was April. I'm also relieved to see alternatives to it!

Sending a bug hug to say thank you  :)

That's ok. Glad it's helped a bit. That's why this forum is so great.

Taz x  :hug: