Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Talking stupidly  (Read 2807 times)

jaypo

Re: Talking stupidly
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2020, 09:57:00 AM »

Yep,we're a right bunch of loonies on here but somehow we keep each other sane..........ish  ;D

Cat71

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2020, 07:44:58 PM »

I’ve not said anything that funny yet SPARKLE. Last week it was night time and I went to open the curtains! Somehow my brain must’ve fast forwarded to the morning. Last night I was feeling for the light switch on the wrong side of the wall lol. I’ve not put my keys in the fridge yet!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2020, 08:45:22 AM »

I do that occasionally and we've been here since 1983  ;D

Lyncola

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2020, 09:33:29 AM »

I was talking to my husband getting ready for bed, had my roll on deodorant in my hand.
I actually use it on my lips. Yes that’s right,  lips, I think I thought it was lip smackers.
Which I use every night too. I just burst out laughing  ;D

I truly lost it now ;D

Lyncola

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2020, 09:35:07 AM »

And by the way as well as doing stupid stuff, I say the most stupid stuff too, what can I say menopause :-\

Cat71

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2020, 11:24:31 PM »

So today I completely forgot a very good friends birthday (kinda). I mean I told him I’d posted him a card the other day but forgot to message him happy birthday until just now 😩. I even set an alarm so that I wouldn’t forget. Somehow I still did after switching the alarm off. Getting really fed up with it. The other day I was driving home from picking my daughter up from school and I turned into a turning  2 streets away! I’ve been here a year and a half! It’s quite scary when you see things on tv about dementia.

Cat71

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 11:33:05 PM »

That made me smile Lincola! Incredible isn’t it. The roll on must be a lot larger than the lip balm?! It’s the kinda thing I do.

CKLD ... glad it’s not just me! This week I tried to open the front door with my car key and vice versa.

I know it’s worse when I’m busy or stressed. There’s not much you can do when you’re a busy working single mum though. I’m self employed so if I don’t work I don’t earn. All this came on suddenly, I didn’t even have time to get used to it. I was sent to hospital with it when it first started and they found nothing wrong. A male consultant spoke to a female consultant and she said it sounds like menopause! They did a pregnancy test because I’ve not had a period for 6 months. I told him it would be immaculate conception and he said ‘well it is nearly Christmas!’. I’ve not slept with anyone in 4 years LOL.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2020, 08:05:22 AM »

Also as we age there is more in the brain to compute, plus we take on different responsibilities.

Cat71

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2020, 11:00:48 PM »

You are so right there CKLD. There’s a multitude of things to juggle. Maybe I’ll be blessed with a lovely husband in the not too distant future. That would take some of the pressure off.
Pages: 1 [2]